We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel / air ticket skyauction???

california
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel / air ticket skyauction???

Have anyone bid air ticket or hotel at this site. If you do, please share your experience. Thanks.

New York City
Level Contributor
200 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel / air ticket skyauction???

Hi There

I have been buying tickets from this site for 8 years. I have never had a bad experience. Once when i bid a auction and had not seen all the fine print i asked out. This was done without comment. In the beginning i bid packages. Lately i have been buying Air only. This has worked out very well for me as i have a place to stay in Cancun. I would say to you read everything and make sure you understand all charges and terms. Traveling midweek is better money wise. Lately they have been using American airlines. You can check prices at the AA site. I'm going in Nov and next Feb with ticket from Sky auction. good luck.

God Bless

Carlos

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
691 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel / air ticket skyauction???

Used Sky Auction a couple of years ago for a resort in Jamaica. NO problems. Just read the entire description and add up the fees before you bid.

We saved about $300 on our stay using them versus the going rate everywhere else.

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel / air ticket skyauction???

Hi useing them now to go oct 17.. They are a little bit of a pain because you have only comunnication thru e-mail they never call you back even if you leave messages everything so far has worked out.. i needed to change my dates and had to pay a 75 fee.. Next time I bid and win I am keeping the dates open untill I pretty much lock down my air plans.. The dates i had at first had great air rates.. but they took awhile to get back to me to confirm the dates and when I went to book my air the prices jumped so much I had to find alt. dates .. So in the long run I could have ordered the same package on orbitz use the promo code and saved 300 + dollars So be carefull it is cheaper to book a package then to buy like I did..

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel / air ticket skyauction???

That's the key, be careful. We have booked four trips through skyauction and have never had a problem. Just research before hand, if you are concerned hang around the site a week or two before and see how things go (the last minutes of a auction)...there is a section called 'winners' I think it is a the bottom that you can see when you log on. Check the prices others have paid for the same or similar trip and you should be good to go!

New York City
Level Contributor
200 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel / air ticket skyauction???

Hi

It was the change of dates that started your problems. Make sure you are good to go on your dates before you bid on these auctions. I have taken longer to pick dates on one occasion. I E-mailed asking for more time and got it. Changing dates opens up a can of worms. good luck in the future.

God Bless

Charles

6. Re: hotel / air ticket skyauction???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 05:17