We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Hi- Just wondering- We are a family of 5- Kids age 11-8. Is Cancun the place to go and if so ,any family friendly resort recommendations? Not into the crazy beach stuff.

Thanks-

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Hello mazy,

Cancun has beautiful turqoise waters and beautiful white sand beaches. There are alot of families who have traveled to Cancun and love it. We stayed at the JW Marriott and the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. Both resorts were lovely but we preferred the JW Marriott. Both resorts were family friendly. My boys enjoyed the waverunner rentals and the day we spent at Xel-ha snorkeling.

P.S. Have you thought about a Disney World vacation? Your children are at perfect ages.

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

healin1

you missed out on all the action

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Where do I need to go to check it out?

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Healin1

posted here.

lot of funny stuff

Not a site to promote your business

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Just going there now:)

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Went there and put in my 2 cents, DT.

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Cancun is a great place for kids...

Have you researched Xcaret? Its a beautiful echo park with river rides, animals and fish, snorkeling and dinner shows... Also many of the resorts have great kids clubs. We also have wet & wild which I have never been here in cancun but I bet for 8-11 they will have a good time. The beach, water sports and games in the pool should also keep them occupied.. Even if it rains... (we hope not) in La Isla mall next to the movie theatres (upstairs) there is an arcade with lots of games to keep them busy for a couple hours.

Have a great vacation.

Seattle
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Hi Mazy,

We go every year and see tons of kids out and about with their parents. They all seem to be having a great time. Mexico is very friendly with kids and as long as you are not going during Spring Break you should all have a great time. You might want to check into the Beach Palace (a very nice family oriented AI resort in a great location). If you go, have a great trip.

CNY
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Hi mazy...

We spent 10 days in August in Cancun with our 5 & 12 year old kids. It was the best vacation yet! We spent the first week at the Crown Paradise Club and ended at the Cancun Palace. We're planning on going back to the CPC as soon as possible. We rented a 2 bedroom timeshare unit & it was wonderful! I've also heard that the family suites are great. The CPC is very family friendly & kids under 12 stay free, so it's a great value, too.

We loved Cancun with our kids. It was wonderful to see Cancun through their eyes! We visited Xcaret, swam with dolphins, toured Isla Mujeres, helped release baby sea turtles & went to family nights at Coco Bongo & Senor Frog's. My daughter & I enjoyed our walks on the beach at sunrise, looking for turtle tracks. We played with our son in the kids club at the CPC. My husband & I had moonlit walks on the beach. I could go on & on, but I'm missing Cancun more with every word......

NJ
Level Contributor
610 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bringing the familt to Cancun?

Mazy-We just went to Cancun for the first time with our 10 year old in August and we all loved it. We stayed at the JW Marriott which wasn't swarming with kids but I would say it is family friendly. We can't wait to go back.