We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Topic
My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

Thank you all for helping a Cancun rookie get through the maze of resorts and hotels.

I am going Jan 27-Feb 4, 2006 and staying at Paradisus Riveria Cancun in a Superior Oceanview Jr Suite Royal Service w/ jucuzzi. I figured that this way I could atleast get out of the 20 degree temps in Chicago for a little while.

I am so excited about my first ever trip to to the Cancun area and only have 110 days left to go.

NJ
Level Contributor
610 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

jaw-I'm so happy for you; however, with 110 days left to go your trip planning can't possibly be over. There are still plenty of decisions to be made-which restaurants to eat at, tours to take, clubs to party at, amount of tips to be decided, which clothing to take-you get my drift. Only kidding, have a great trip. But I bet you're not finished with TA yet!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

Hey jaw62901

I am going at the same time, just that I am staying at the GCPS. You should try to go to one of the TA nights at either Dadyo's or the Over 20 Club. Still lots to check out on the forums.

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

Arejayem

I am still waiting for my TA to get back to me on Paradisus, but I did let her know that if Paradisus didn't work, I would take a Club room at GCPS also.

Level Contributor
313 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

Jason,

I'll be thinking of you! Maybe next time!

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

Expedia about Raradisus Riviera Cancun -

"What to expect: This resort caters to families and couples seeking a complete, self-contained Caribbean vacation, plus the facilities, services, and convenience of an all-inclusive plan".

Yey, a great place for a solo traveler. Hmmm, I think Jason should have gone with GCPS still :) Paradisus will likely not have ANY singles (except maybe a few chaperoning their offspring) and it's conveniently located in the middle of nowhere away from nightlife and actual Cancun.

Jason - you have a few months - find a date! lol. The Paradisus, while comfortable and cheery, sounds a bit boring if you travel by myself. It could be just me though. FYI, you can NOT bring "friends" you meet in Cancun over to your resort. Nicer resorts are especially diligent about that. Not that you'd do that, of course.

Well, at least there is scuba and tennis.

Ok, kidding! In January, any place in Cancun is 100 fold better than any place in Chicago. Paradisus' photos look pretty nice! have a great time.

n

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

chichick,

Well my travel agent wasn't able to get the room I wanted at Paradisus, so based on some of your recommendations, she is booking me into one of the new Golden Oceanview Club Rooms that are opening Dec 2005 at GCPS.

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

Arejayem,

Now that I'm staying at GCPS Jan 27-Feb 4, maybe we will bump into each other. I am trying out one of the new Golden Oceanview Club Rooms.

Hopefully I will see you there.

Jason

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

The next 100 or so days will fly, but the last 10 will drag :) Either way, gotta be exciting to be taking the first trip! Let us know how we can help you in the days/weeks to come!

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

weatherdood,

I'm sure your right and the first 100 days will fly right by, but the 7 days leading up to it will go very slow. I'm sure that week before, I will be running around getting last minute stuff to take along.

Since I'm going to be in Cancun for 9 days/8 nights instead of my usually 5 night vacations in the US, I am going to make a list a couple weeks prior of everything that needs to packed. This way when I start packing stuff, I can check it off and know that its been taken care of.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My trip planning is over :) :) :) :)

"Well my travel agent wasn't able to get the room I wanted at Paradisus, so based on some of your recommendations, she is booking me into one of the new Golden Oceanview Club Rooms that are opening Dec 2005 at GCPS"

OH - I see. GCPS after all. You will not regret it, whether you're single or double ;)

Have a great time and post a review when you come back.

n