We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Bus Station Question

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Bus Station Question

We will be arriving Cancun early afternoon and the bus to Mahaual does not leave until 11:30 PM. Does the bus station have lockers available to secure your belongings?

Thanks for the help!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Dont remember about lockers but they have a service where you can pay to check your bags. Safe and secure.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Thanks Robert, that's what I had hoped. Is pretty easy to find (my spanish is poor)?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Its not difficult to spot. It used to be upstairs, which made no sense with heavy luggage, and noticed now it was moved downstairs. If memory serves me correctly, it is now in the second class waiting area, which is on the far left as you come in the front doors. I will be there Sunday and will verify.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Thanks again - - I must say that it's truly above and beyond the call, to run down there just to check (lol)

Hope you have a great trip!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

No problem. I think I am one of ADOs most frequent riders!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

OK, I checked it out and its pretty much as I remembered. If you are coming off a bus, you will exit into the terminal by the concession areal where soft drinks , candy , etc. are sold. If you go right just before the concession you will see the baggage storage in the back of the second class waiting room. (If coming in the front doors of ADO off the street, this area will be on your left)

Hope this helps a bit.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Thanks Robert, you've been a lot of help. We're going back to Xcalak in February, and we'll be there two weeks. Last time we drove, and the car sat most of the time once we got there. The couple who own the resort recommended the bus, but our flight arrives at 2 PM and the bus leaves at 11PM.......

Anyway - thanks again & I hop you are having fun in the Yucatan!

Phil

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Welcome, Phil. I think the bus is a good idea also if you really are not needing the car much. Its a boring drive so its a good trip to do at night. And another good thing for me is, ADO doesnt show their B movies at that time of night so you can rest!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Let me add one thing--the posted hours were 6AM to 10PM. I would double check the closing time--they tend to change those without notice. In case you have a little time to kill just before the bus leaves, Sanborns has a 24 hour restaurant just across the street from ADO.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun Bus Station Question

Hi, I'm wondering how the bus trip went. We are staying about km 8 in Xcalak and are mulling the car/bus right now. The bus arrives in Mahaual at something like 5am, right? Was it difficult to get a cab at that hour?