We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need pants?

west michigan
Level Contributor
315 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Do we need pants?

Our family is going end of November. Do you think we need to pack any pants? I remember we took pants to Puerto Vallarta 2 years ago and never even took them out of the suitcase. I am trying to pack much lighter this time~what do you think?

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
139 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,057 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,382 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
159 reviews
from US$49.00*
California
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need pants?

In the past we have never needed pants. Only take them if you need them for traveling home. Evening are nice, just a light sweater if the winds picks up. But, no long pants needed.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need pants?

Agreed - I take a sweater because I'm so cold natured. Have a great trip.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need pants?

Restaurants may have a dress code. Many all inclusive resorts require long pants for men at the nicer restaurants. Where are you staying?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need pants?

Haha, another hilarious post that means something very different on this side of the pond! :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we need pants?

I never ran into any restaurant in cancun that did not allow me in wearing shorts

The weather in Nov is fine and usually will never be cold enough where pants is needed. December through Feb it can at times get a bit nippy and Cancun can drp into low 60's and even high 50's at night on a bad cold front coming down

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Do we need pants?

Coming from Michigan, not likely.

canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do we need pants?

bring a pair

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do we need pants?

Yes, you should always take atleast one pair. If not because of the weather then for the restaurants if you plan on dining out or even going to a restaurant in your hotel. Most of the nicer restaurants and hotel restaurants require a dress code.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Do we need pants?

Caribbean_Prince

so I guess the marriott and JW would no be considered nicer hotels? I stayed and ate at both and never wore pants in the restaurants.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do we need pants?

It does make you wonder.While we were in Curucao the resort had a pants only restaurant and we saw a few people in there in shorts. Are the rules for this strictly enforced in Cancun? I was really wondering as we will be at the Riu Caribe next month...mark