We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days following Emily

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
RPB
NJ
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
10 days following Emily

Ten days following Emily my family and I headed to our condo in Puerto Aventuras. At that point the town was at 90%. Electricity was restored, the pools and streets were clean, and the restaurants were running as normal. We had a great time, as always. It was our typical vacation there. The kids swam with the dolphins. The vegitation was damaged, but you could tell that it would come back quickly with the fantastic Mexican sun and showers. We were very pleasantly surprised!!

denver colorado
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days following Emily

The mother of nature will always survive just fine!!! Cancun may not be "the same", but she will be exactly the way she was created to be. And a happy place for her people will survive above all.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days following Emily

cancunoldies-Just how 'old' are you guys?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days following Emily

i was in playa del carmen 4 days after Emily. you could hardly tell anything had happened. i don't think they'll be so lucky this time.

Barcelona
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days following Emily

Are you serious? My brother owns a small business in Puerto and is now trekking in Nepal and, as you could imagine, feeling quite nervous and worried about since he is not getting any news from there. Your info is wonderful, but a bit hard to believe. Can you tranquilize me?

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days following Emily

Rubald

Haba español, ¿verdad? Puede ver para si mismo en la red en las noticias en este sitio. http://www.yucatan.com.mx/noticia.asp?cx=15$3403000000$3148672&f=20051022

Si el negocio de su hermano es en La Yucatán es muy probable que su negocio tiene daños, quizás serios. Estoy triste a informar este mensaje a usted.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days following Emily

I know Emily. This is no Emily

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days following Emily

I know Emily. This is no Emily

Barcelona
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days following Emily

Thanks, reinarubia, pero las cosas parece que fueron mucho mejor de lo que usted me pinta en su respuesta. Acabo de hablar con mi hermano y con su mujer y solo cayeron algunas tejas de la casa, el resto esta OK. Gracias de todas maneras por responder

Barcelona
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days following Emily

WILMA, not Emily: This is for people having interests in Puerto Aventuras: I recently talked to my brother's wife. She had to escape from Puerto and went to Merida. Now she's back and says that their villa (by the lagoon) is OK, only few tiles fell down. The cars are also ok and the whole thing is much less damaged than supposed. And this goes for the whole place. Roman Rivera, owner of Puerto Aventuras reported.