We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get the La Habichuela downtown

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
473 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
How to get the La Habichuela downtown

If we were to take the bus to get to La Habichuela, what bus would we take and what stop would we get off at? Is anyone able to provide walking directions from the stop or would we be better of just taking a taxi?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get the La Habichuela downtown

Take a taxi for sure. Our hotel gave us directions for the bus, but we did the cab and I'm glad we did. Being completely unfamiliar with the downtown area, made it much easier. Our cab driver came back about 2 hours later, which most will do if you arrange it upon arrival. Have fun! We love the restaurant.

LD2
Hudson OH
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get the La Habichuela downtown

I agree - take a cab - it is on a side street and a bit hard to find. Enjoy it - it is one of our favorite restaurants in the world! Try the Cocobichuela (seafood in a coconut). The ceviche is the best I've ever had. Ask to eat in the garden!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get the La Habichuela downtown

Thanks for the advice. How much does the cab ride cost? Did you arrange for the driver to come back, or where you able to find a different cab after your meal? Thank You.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get the La Habichuela downtown

Great restaurant, and I agree with the other posters.....take a cab. We took the bus and it's hard to find. Finally did, but was a little uncomfortable finding it. I don't think you would have any trouble catching the bus back to your resort.

I also recommend Rolandi's on Isla Mujeres. Rolandi's will send their private boat to pick you up and return you to Cancun..........FREE. We do tip the crew $5 / person each way. Check with the Resort Staff about getting the boat. You will need at least 6 people, but other resorts also will be setting up some times. Get there before sunset and enjoy sunset at Rolondi's, it's right on the water. The boat ride is great and great food.

You won't be disappointed with this trip or meal.

5. Re: How to get the La Habichuela downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 05:23