We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Islander Update

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Royal Islander Update

Sorry if people already know this info, but I just read it and decided to pass it on:

Found on:

cancuntravelonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:17 am

I spoke with ISCO, the US office of Royal Resorts at 11:30 ET today. They had just received a bulletin from the CEO with this information.

1) Trucks with food, water and supplies were dispatched from Royal Resorts' Merida office last night at 5PM and arrived no later than 8:30PM at shelters housing Royal Resorts guests that were short on these items.

All 2900 Royal Resorts guests that were evacuated have been accounted for.

2) All Royal Resorts suffered extensive damage and will be closed a minimum of two weeks.

3) The Cancun Airport is extensively damaged and will not re-open in the near future.

4) Royal Resorts is planning to pick up all 2900 from the shelters as soon as they can. If possible, they will be returned to their resort to pick up their belongings. They are not 100% sure this is possible because all of the damage to the resorts.

5) All guests will be bused to Merida, about 3 hours away. Royal Resorts owns a hotel here called the El Castellano. The plan is to take everyone here, give them a chance to shower, clean up and get organized before they return to the U.S.

5) There is still no timeline for pickup from the shelters or busing to Merida. I will check back with the ISCO office today, however they are now under a hurricane warning at their office in south Florida and may have to shut down at 2PM this afternoon and may be closed tomorrow. If so, they are working on a plan to re-route their calls.

Kevin: Will the airlines be allowed to re-route their flights and land in Merida to pick up the people??

If I get any more info, I will post.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Islander Update

acugirl

this is worried sister from yesterday. Have you gotten any info on what's going on with the people from moon palace. I haven't been able to get any info...

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Islander Update

acugirl,

Good info for concerned people, double post, or not.

worried sister,

There is a currently updated thread on this page about the Moom. That should help some.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Islander Update

worriedsister,

Look at thread from worriedinuk, she heard from people at Moon Palace.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Islander Update

Worried sister,

Check ou the post about Moon Palace on this page (or previous page if it hasn't been bumped. Someone from the UK posted about their parents being fine and well taken care of at the moon palace

St. Louis
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Islander Update

Thank you all for the info I have checked them out and it does help. I can now call my mom with some good news I just wish i could tell her when they will be coming home..

Thanks again

laurie

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Islander Update

acugirl-Extensive damage to the Royal Resorts? Do you know if the actual units were affected or mostly just exterior damage, palapas, etc.? Not that that makes anything better, but it would be at least some good news.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Islander Update

worriedsis,

did you check out this website:

cancuntravelonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

it's where I found the information from. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Islander Update

jblairgolf,

I don't know anything about the status of the hotel. By b/f did leave his luggage there and was hoping to return, but who knows. If I hear anything new I will post it.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Islander Update

Aqugirl-Thank you sweet pea!

denver colorado
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Islander Update

bump