We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
573 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

anyone have any info on this part of town?? how did the hotels do and locals?? noone is writing about this part and i find it strange. its the older part of the strip and just wonder how it did.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

cybercass

If you go to cancuncare.com, you'll get all the information you need about BBG. Last word reopening an Dec 2nd.

Scotland
Level Contributor
177 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

I have stayed at the Aquamarina twice in the past 2 years and become friendly with one of the staff. I heard from him today for the first time since the hurricane and he is now back at work. The hotel is open but there aren't many tourists yet. It seems the hotels at the top part of the 7 were in a better state than the others. He said he expects everything to back to normal by end january/february.

Bluffton, Ohio
Level Contributor
230 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

We were at BBG during the Hurricane and it is the first part of the top of the 7 it is very very close to down town just couple minutes by cab. This area was hit pretty bad. But it isn't like in usa Mexico is built to hold up under hurricane 5 strength and it most of the buildings themselves held up alot of broken glass and anything that wasn't cememt block was messed up a little more. but we came home on Octber 29th and they already had alot of things cleaned up and alot of hotel and restraunts we already opening back up.

The older part of the strip did pretty well considering. Just alot of trees, and junk blown around everywhere. Awnings and enclosures (screens glass etc gone) But the buildings for the most part are still there. It was really something to see.

st. clairsville
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

we are staying Dec 10 at VCI Club International DeCancun and the beach has actually doubled. Go to royalresorts.com and click on the second block that says videos of the beach. Looks great to me better than last year when we were there. Can't wait

Calgary AB
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: what about the top part of the 7 or sm2

We are heading to Casa maya in 10 days, have heard that the hotel is operational and the beach got bigger. Looks like they lost some palapas though. You can check out thier web cam on the imperial fiesta club web site