We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

Durham
7 posts
Save Topic
What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

Hi. I travel to cancun 9th and have been checking weather guide and it says its rainy every day! Arrrggh!! Can any1 give me any feed back as to what it has been like?

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

Usually rain in Cancun means about 30 minutes, if at all ... for me this always seemed to happen in the evening. But there will be a tropical storm when you arrive so expect a few days of rain. How long will you be there?

http://tinyurl.com/ygshlej

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

I won't be so sadistic as to tell you that there will be a tropical storm here when you arrive since it probably won't be but it has been raining off and on all day today.

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

According to the National Hurricane site, there is a tropical storm on track to Cancun ... which means rain. I'd bring a rain poncho. One trip to Bermuda in November, it rained, it was cold, and we had to buy sweatshirts .... it was FUN tho!! Just a different kind.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

I was just looking at the Hurricane weather and Tropical Storm Ida is on her way to the yucatan. If it follows the path they think it will, the storm will hit Cancun around 1 pm on Monday. I arrive at 11:15 am on Monday -- well, that's the plan anyway. Sure hope it takes a different path and heads east instead of north.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
773 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

We will be there on Monday. How bad is a tropical storm? We don't have them here. Anything to be concerned about?

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

Local Jim seems to be anti sadistic, but it seems like lots of rain.

I'd bring rain ponchos so you can run accross the street to buy beer, wine, etc.

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

local jim has his very rosey glasses on.

Durham
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

Thanks for the info! Im crossing my fingers and hoping this storm will decide to change paths! For every1 who is ready for the off.... Have a great holiday :)

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

Yikes, a weather website shows rain thru the 14th and we leave the 22nd, I do hope this weather is moving on soon!

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is weather like at present? I go 9th Nov

I was in Cancun MANY years ago in Mid November. Sunny until noon, clowdy until one then rain on and off maybe every hour like clockwork. Didn't ruin our trip at all. We walked all over soaking wet, dried off etc.. The time by the pool was somewhat limited since the sun was missing but it was fine overall.