We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe Real Lobby

PEI Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Gran Caribe Real Lobby

I just went into the link for pictures below and noticed that picture #5 of 40 is the hotel lobby where I stayed last April. It is the Gran Caribe Real. I compared it to a digital Picture I had and I was shocked.

sun-sentinel.com/news/…

So anyone planning to stay there soon wondering what there hotel is going to look like...it might be a while before they get it fixed!!

Hamilton, ON
Level Contributor
942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

That's a great link, and really puts it into perspective.

Thanks

Mira Loma...
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

wow, I sent this to my travel agent (my mom) so she has a greater idea and understanding when fighting for my refund re rescheduling.

This is the hotel we were to go to on Nov 4th

Minnesota
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

Thank you so much for sharing this site. I am especially grateful for the hotel photo as this is where I was to be staying then in photo #5. Uffda damaged indeed! I talked with my travel agent today to cancel my trip and she said she contacted northwest world vacation and they are working with the hotel to see how much damage is done, so it will be several days before they decide if they will honor my trip elsewhere, because if I cancel now, I would have penalties to pay! So right now I have to sit tight and wait. I will too send this link to my travel agent. Thanks again, much appreciated!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

I believe this photo is looking towards the pool area...

the right hand side would be where you check in... then at the top of the picture where the bright light is where you would go outside to the pool.....

very very sad!

Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

When are all of you supposed to be going to the gran caribe real? Many of the entertainment staff are really good friends of mine and we are writing back and forth..i'm asking about the damage.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

Do you know anybody who works at the Gran Costa Real or might your friends know about it? They are sister hotels. Thank you so much. We're supposed to go 11/9 and I'm getting a sinking feeling about it.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

Nov. 20th, so any info would be great!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,870 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

Twointheloo, this is what I've been able to come with

thus far on the Gran Costa and other Real Resorts

thus far. It's from another board and its scant but

something. Perhaps you should call if possible.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gran Costa Real

I spoke to someone at Real resorts today which owns this hote othersl and they said their first estiamte is that they will reopen in 4 weeks. She said it was possible in 3 weeks but that would be the bare minimum. If you want you can get their number from the real resorts main number and call to recieve mroe updates. Hope this helps.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

i, along with 8 family members are supposed to be going dec. 28- jan 4th......anyone think thats possible?!

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Caribe Real Lobby

This might be a silly question but is the Gran Caribe Real now called the Riu Caribe? I am due to stay there from 6th November but by the looks of things on that picture i dont think i will be