We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

We are planning on splitting our trip. 4 nights in Cancun first and then 4 nights in Cozumel second. So we may get the transfer from the Cancun airport to the Sun Place and then get to the Cozumel palace on our own. Can any one tell me how much is a taxi for 4 from the Cancun airport to the Sun palace??

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

Arrange transfers PRIOR to arriving in Cancun.

There arew several good companies

Best Day-www.bestday.com

Cancun Valet

Grayline Transfers.

I dont know if this has changed, because I always book transfers ahead of time, but regular "Taxis" are not allowed at the Airport. At least thats the way it used to be.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

Let me clarify that, Taxis used to not be able to take you from the Airport to your Resort. You can use one to go back to the Airport.

MA
Level Contributor
501 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

taxis are regulated from the airport so you are going to pay ALOT more to get from CUN to your hotel, then from your hotel to CUN. We always use entertainment-plus (USA transfers) and have never been disappointed. When you walk out of the door they are there holding a sign with USA transfers logo on it. Very quick & much less money!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

Another good option would be Traffic, the company Palace resorts uses for their included transfers. They can be found under the book online tab on the Palace Resorts website.

Not sure if it is helpful but we took a taxi from Sun to the airport in July and it was $25.00 USD one way for 2 people and 4 pieces of luggage. Standard rate as posted at the bellman station in the hotel. I was worried they would flag us down one of the little cars I can barely fit in but we ended up with a Chevy Suburban for the ride.

I would agree with arranging your transport prior to arriving.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

Used Thomas More Travel the past 6 years. Very good and had no problems. I think they charge about $17 one way. If there are 4 of you going, you can book a van through TMT and it's a little cheaper. you may have another couple that they put with you, but it still saves you money.

MA
Level Contributor
501 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

Sorry, I misread your post.. I thought from your title you were looking for transport from CUN to Sun Palace, but after rereading your post it is actually Sun Palace to CUN & unfortunately I dont know how much taxi fare is.

Now I was alot of help, huh? :-)

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

If you have included transfers why not use them to get to and back from cozumel since that would cost you more to do on your own.

8. Re: Taxi CUN to Sun Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 06:24