We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xplor and Xelha???

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Xplor and Xelha???

We will be in Cancun ( Hilton)on Nov. 23rd for the first time (whooohooo) anyway--Im confused???

1. Is it possible to both in one day? 2. Is it better to go with a tour guide or find our own transfer? 3. Is the food pretty good there for the buffet?

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Best Day
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
London
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

You will definately need a day for each of them. We have just got back from Cancun and did Xplor, Xcaret & Xel Ha we did them on alternate days (giving us a 'day off' after each activity)

Xplor is probably the shortest and is only All Inclusive and Xel Ha is a good 12 hours start to finish and its worth doing the All Inclusive too.

Arranging a tour (either direct thru their website) or thru a tour operator are the best options. They pick you up from your hotel lobby, sort out all your tickets, give you a ton of info and then drop you back to your hotel door. We used a company called Naturama (have their details if you need it) and we got the prices as if we were booking direct with the park and they were really friendly too!!

Need any other info just let me know :)

seattle, wa
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

How were the lines at Xplor? any recommendation on which is the least busiest day to go there?

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

The lines were amazing! The view from the towers is unreal. They are really long and you get a good feel for them, the best has to be the water landing one though!

seattle, wa
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

By amazing, i hope you mean short :-)

what day of the week did you go to Xplor?

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

Haha oops, I thought you meant the zip lines!! As for the queues, there were hardly any, as we went on a tour when our group were checking in there was a bit of a wait but nothing major, the waiting area is beautiful anyways. We went on a Thursday and we had no waits for any of the activities, I guess it will all depend on what time of the year you go. For this month, i doubt you will have any queues, its so nice and quiet! (beware for the weather when you go, they had to shut the zip lines down for 45 minutes due to adverse weather so you may get stuck 140ft up a tower in a storm as we did!!)

Only bad thing about Explor, is that you can only do each of the activities once. The zip lines take about 90 mins, then the amphibious vehicles take about 30 mins and the underground swimming and rafting takes between 30 mins and an hour depending on the route you take. The time in between is just spent wondering around or grabbing some food (which you can visit as many times as you want)

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
576 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

I don't know anything about Xplor because I have never been there.

But, I was in Xel-Ha about 3 weeks ago and we were able to do Tulum and Xel-Ha in one day without a problem. We booked the trip with Best Day at the hotel and were able to get the all inclusive for a really good price. I recommend that you wait and book it with the travel agent in your hotel because they can give you a better price depending on how many tours you buy. Also, in Xel-Ha they have about 3 or 4 restaurants to pick from with the all inclusive deal and we ate at the international buffet one and the food was REALLY good and they had a HUGE variety of stuff!

seattle, wa
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

thanks 'indifference'. Great information. I was of the opinion that you could do the activities as many times as you like. Sucks thats not the case.

To the OP (original poster), we (wife and I, mid and late 20s) are in Cancun the same time as you are (11/23-30) and planning to rent a rental car. you can carpool with us for Xplor and we split the costs (around $25 per couple).

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

No problem at all passedaway. I was under the same impression too. It was only when we got there and asked we were told only once pre customer. They even mark your wristband before each activity. You may be able to cheat if they have different staff working and you can hide your wristband somewhere!

Make sure you try the hot chocolate in the restaurant after your cave swim, its yummy and great at warming you up!!

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

THANX FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INFO!!! passedaway--thanx for the offer but we will have our 2 teen girls with us also. but if you have a vehicle big enough to hold 6 people let me know.

seattle, wa
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xplor and Xelha???

got the smallest car possible - fitting any more than 4 would take a miracle :)

You can consider renting car for a day - might come out cheaper for 4 people. Xplor charges $35/head for transportation. You can rent a car with all insurance for about 50 bucks for a day. Ask you hotel concierge, they may have a car rental agency in the hotel itself.