We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

I have been looking around in different sites and getting all sorts of prices.... bookit.com.... seems to have good rates.. but is there a catch??...could someone out there please recommend a good hotel for a couple in their 40's... Thanks

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

Here are some options ........

Call Royal Hacienda's (Royal Resorts in Playa Del Carmen). They have a special for anyone who has never stayed there. Google it to get views and reviews.

Also, go to TUG (Timeshare Users Group). It timeshare owners who want to rent out their condo. We have done it the last 3 years and stayed at the Hacienda's. There are hundreds for rent on this web site.

Highly recommend any of the Royal Resorts Properties. Royal Sands and Royal Hacienda's are the best 2 in my opinion, but the Royal Islander, Royal Mayan and Royal Carribean are very nice.

They have everything you need, but they are not all inclusive. The grocery at the resort are well stocked and reasonably priced.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

I'm 45 and the Hilton was great for us. You can't walk to much, which is the only negative. Check the reviews.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

Can you giva a little more info?

Do you want All Inclusive or not?

Are you looking to stay in the Hotel Zone or in the Riviera Maya?

Do you have a specific budget?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

I would recommend The Royal Cancun, Riu Palace Las Americas, The Ritz, Sun Palace, or the Hilton.

5. Re: Could anyone recommend a good hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2010, 06:18