We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7:00 Am flight

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
7:00 Am flight

We have a 7:00 AM flight leaving Cancun. What time do we need to be at the airport? In some places we have found that there isn't anyone there in the wee hours if we try to get there 3 hrs early.

West Des Moines...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7:00 Am flight

international flights say 3 hours, i would stick to that personally

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7:00 Am flight

At least 2 hours.

West Des Moines...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7:00 Am flight

i enjoy getting to the airport early and laughing at the people running to there flights

DeForest, WI
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7:00 Am flight

We have a 7 AM flight too - I was thinking we should be there by 5 AM - Are Friday's as bad as Saturdays?

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7:00 Am flight

If my family of four is going to be there 3 hours early (4:00 AM) it would really stink if there was no one there to check us in. I am curious if anyone knows?

In the past in other cities, we have checked the airline (says three hours) but then got to the airport and there was no one at the desk to check us in. I would rather give the kids another hour of sleep, you know?

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7:00 Am flight

You might want to check your airline website as to when they arrive. We have taken the 7 am flight with Continental in the past and they do not open until 4:30 am. That said, I am a big supporter of being at the airport 3 hours ahead of departure with the exception of 7 am flights. Two hours should be enough time for flights at this hour. In general, before 6 am the airport is very dead.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7:00 Am flight

Thanks Bob-

That's what kills me about American Airlines - they telly you 3 hours for international flights. However, they won't tell you when their counter opens. I think we will go for 2 hours! I don't want to leave my hotel at 3:30 AM to sit at an empty airport!

West Des Moines...
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7:00 Am flight

no one from airline will probably be there at 4, but keep in mind if your fellow passengers decide to show up at 4 and you show up at 5 you will be in the back of the line, but thats no big deal just something to think about. I like to get my luggage checked and get to the terminal area so i can partake in drinking and eating without luggage

CT
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 7:00 Am flight

I have seen incredibly long lines at checkin. Keep in mind, even if no one is working at the counter, others may be lining up. Best to not be at the end of that line, and risk not making it.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7:00 Am flight

Because DH flys a lot, we will be in boarding group 1, so I am not too worried about where I am in a line. I think 2 hrs should be OK.