We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Beach Recovery

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Beach Recovery

Does anyone know what hotel they are currently working infront of right now and how far the pipes are installed.

Also looking to find out if they are just going to continue going south or move down to club med and work north.

I'm hoping they won't have pipes sitting out infront of the Royal Sands next week so that we can swim.

Detroit
Level Contributor
323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

I been watching this over the last week religously as that is my concern also .. Last i seen they were at the Flamingo hotel just past the Royal Cancun and guessing they will stop there and head down south and work up .. But this is only speculation as i am not down there just from what ive been seeing that past week or so

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

Any chance they just continue south?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

It's not the pipes you need to be concerned about. It's the bulldozers, other heavy equipment, and the fact that the beach is closed off in either direction of the work being done.

Ironic - everyone wants the beaches "fixed", but not when they're there.

Don't worry - it won't make matters change for you. I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless. Hopefully you can walk a few hundred yards, right?

Edited: 01 December 2009, 12:27
lancs
Level Contributor
956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

Hi can you tell me is the gran caribe affected????

Thanks Marie.

ILLinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

If they are at the flamingo right now do you know whitch way there pipes are running? And how far do them pipes run I will be at the Park Royal next week and thats just south of the flamingo i think.

Detroit
Level Contributor
323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

well some reports said they were stopping at the Flamingo and heading south .. But who knows .. this whole when and where thing is up in the air . No one knows where they will be or when it will be done .. Just have to take it day by day and hope for the best .

7. Re: Location of Beach Recovery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 05:18