We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

lancs
Level Contributor
986 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

Hi,just booked this hotel,can anyone tell me what it is like?

Thanks. Marie.

crazyjake2
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

We are thinking of doing the same. It will be be intresting to see the replys.

lancs
Level Contributor
986 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

We are going 18th April next year.

Marie.

Winston-Salem
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

I was there 11/1-11/7 and it was great. The staff is wonderful, you'll get to know them very well and if you tip a dollar once in a while they are so appreciative. The pool was large enough, the grounds & rooms are absolutely spotless. The workes clean all the time, I've never been to such a clean place before. The beach was large enough, plenty of chairs. The pool bar was great, they have awsome cheeseburgers by the way!! All of the restraunts were great and I didn't think it was repetitive with the food. We always had breakfast buffet and it was great. Have fun, we're trying to book our next trip and it will be there!

DeForest, WI
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

We just got back from the Gran Caribe on Friday and it was great! The place was beautiful and clean. The staff was very friendly and willing to try to understand our attempts at Spanish!

The restaurants were very nice - Gaviotas had a breakfast and lunch buffet, but switched to a menu based for dinner. Albatros had a nice buffet for all three meals and Marias was an awesome menu based restaurant. The lobby bar was a great hang out for the Packer game on Thanksgiving!

While we were there we got to watch the road graders rebuild/dismantle the stone break by the beach, but that really did not detract from our enjoyment of the resort - we were just glad to be in Cancun!

Detroit
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

Thats cool you had a good time . And im glad you enjoyed watching the Packers game because i was there and was worst way to spend my Thanksgiving .lol wish i was there watching it instead of the club level seats ..

to OP '

hers a link to their beach

www.realresorts.com/Caribe_Real/Webcam/

lancs
Level Contributor
986 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

Hi someone was saying that you can't use the beach,is this true????

Marie.

Novi, Mi
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

Just got back yesterday. The beach is closed ...since last friday ... they put just enough sand on it to support the pipeline transporting the sand from the dredgers... they skipped over Gran Caribe and added just enogh sand to support the pipes at the Royal as well..otherwise the hotel is good ... pool kinda small.... same food evey day pretty much...... service was great.. rooms very clean..

Detroit
Level Contributor
323 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

Damn small world .. Novi , Mi huh .I'm in Farmington hills .. hey Neighbor ..

Original Poster"

when are you going .. if it isnt in the next month or 2 you should be more then fine but Yes at this time the beach is closed while they are putting sand at the other hotels ..

Novi, Mi
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

Gran Caribe Chahnged thier Web Cam angle to possibly decieve some people ... here is what they don't want you to see from next door

www.realresorts.com/The_Royal_Cancun/Webcam/

Novi, Mi
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Caribe Real Suites & Spa

We just got back ... We are going again in January but, not to the Gran Caribe... we are members of Palace Resorts .. so we are staying at the Cancun Palace