We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

Pleae share your advice and experience with the following Hotels.

Westin

Westin Laguna Mar

Le Meridien

Hilton

I am heading to Cancun in January and really want to use points for the Hotel. Eith hilton or Starwood. i was planning to stay at the le meridien but seeing some recent reviews I am having second thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

Read the reviews, check the ratings, make your decision based on hundreds of reviews.

Personally, I have no doubt Le Meridien is the best based on the trip reports and the facilities (not to mention the higher price point compared to the other SPG properties - there's a reason for that).

That being said, we're staying at the Westin for 2 days (fewer starpoints) and then the Lagunamar for a week (timeshare). The Meridien is the place to stay if you have money to burn, but with a family the lagunamar makes much better sense.

cstoutMn
Level Contributor
444 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

Good Morning,

We have stayed at the Hilton for 8 or 9 years. We really love it! Great staff huge pool and beach.If you are Hilton gold you will get breakfest with your room. We like the Junior Suites because of their huge deck and jacuzzi.If you golf they have their own course.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

A Jr Suite at the Hilton is really nice. Two separate rooms, and a huge patio/balcony that is about 15x50 feet with a whirlpool tub. Pools are awesome, staff is super friendly, restaurants are varied and good (not cheap but not outrageous), and the beach is nice. The only downfall is that is it a cab ride or bus trip to the main touristy areas. The bus is cheap though and they come often.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
80 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

I recently stayed at Meridien and found it to be quite mediocre. As you see from the reviews, the pool is mostly overshadowed by the construction and the beach has completely eroded. I did walk by the Lagunamar and thought it looked really nice, and was in a better location close to Isla shopping center.

5. Re: Hilton-Le Meridien or either Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 05:15