We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

The deals they are offering right now are amazing-is this company legit, or is it some sort of scam?

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

please use search this is 3rd thread in 3 days, it is a scam, the web site only opened last week. good luck if you book, please come back and tell us your story afterwards

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k326421…

Edited: 16 December 2009, 11:44
Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

PS how did you even find this site, was it advertised somewhere? it is amazing how many people are posting asking if it is a scam so this guyy must be screwing a lot of people and somehow doing a great job in getting people to visit a brand new web site

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

How horrible. I read the thread on the Sandos based scams last night, so If igured as much. What a horrible thing to do.

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

These type of company’s are either owned or are indirect partnership with timeshare resorts. The whole idea is to get you here already “hooked” to do their presentation.

They deduct the money upfront from your stay as opposed to offering all of the free tours, etc if they where to catch you on the street. This combined with their savings from renting locations and having to pay their street staff is a way to save them money as well.

Just take the time to read the fine print and you will see.

Cancun5star as an example is with the NH Krystal.

“To participate in this offer, the host resort simply asks that you take an 90 minute no-obligation tour of their resort the day after your arrival. To qualify for this promotion, you must be either a married couple between the ages of 27 – 70, a or cohabiting couple between the ages of 30 - 60, single women between the ages of 30 - 50 or single men between the ages of 35 - 55 and have a combined annual income of at least $40,000. All clients must speak & understand English or Spanish and must not have attended a presentation by the host resort in the last 12 months. A 17.5% tax and or booking fee will be added to your total price.”

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

Sounds like the same prices they offer through lots of websites trying to get people to do timeshare presentations.

The NH is a timeshare resort, my bet is it is legit but have to be over 30, married and make over 60,000 per yr and devote 90 mins to the presentation.

Edited: 16 December 2009, 22:35
Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

I still question the fact the web site was only open about 1 wee kago along with the other web siet mentioned in another thread. Seems to me like these guys are either rip off scam artists or simply selling timesahre presentation through the back door. Either way I would suggest avoiding them

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

I agree with steve, if its too good to be true then most likely it is. Dont take the chance.

NY
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

I recently traveled with this company and had a great time, all went surprisingly well.I believe the creation of the new websites is with each new promo they run, it seems each time they do a new hotel they make a new website.We are looking to book with them again next year. You do have to attend a timeshare presentation - but was definitely worth it for the price we got.If you are looking for more permanent sites I suggest you go to the websites terms and conditions which are very strict - but if you meet them, then the deal is outstanding!We will definitely use them again and recommend them to others..

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

thanks Luvs2trvlNy

what affliation do you have with them, or is it just a coincidence you are new to the forum and only happen to post in this thread that was burried on like page 12?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody evee use Cancun5star.com?

I agree BVG, very fishy that this person's first post is about something that was buried way back in the posts. Don't believe the hype people. I did a little research on this website and it definitely looks like a scam to me too.