We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking beach vendors..will they be back?

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
walking beach vendors..will they be back?

I am so very glad the beach is being rebuilt. I love Cancun, I also love the vendors that stroll the beach carrying the impossible loads of stuff. I have purchased from them on several occations and I missed them on my last visit in 07.

Will they come back now, and am I the only one that likes the parade of goods as they enjoy the beach?

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

where did you stay? I have never seen then in front of my Condo , never ever, thank god as I hate the beach peddlers when I have been to other Caribbean destinations. who needs to be harassed on vacation

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

Our usual haunt is Sun Palace. The vendors that go by there are only allowed to come to you if you've waved them over. Otherwise they may only wave the products, make noise with them (conch shells etc.) and keep walking.

I love it, no hassels and free delivery. Kind of like watching QVC on the beach. ;)

I hope they are back this year, we will be at the Caribe Real in Feb.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

Last year when I was at Crown Paradise there were tons of vendors with some nice stuff and decent prices. They were nice people and really just walked by and didn't bother you.

calgary canada
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

We just got back from Golden Parnassus and yes there were some vendors walking the beach. Very friendly people and they were not pushy at all. They just walked by smiling and holding up their wares. I wished there were more variety. They never bothered anyone.

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

I am sure they will be back. Last week there were a few trying to negotiate the rocks near the Barcelo Tucancun. And YES they do go by the BVG also. They don't discriminate, even against the arrogant and snooty.

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

When we were in Cancun in 05 the only things I bought were from the beach vendors and a box of cereal from the Walmart (nieces and nephews crack up over spanish tony the tiger etc.).

The beach vendor also have different things than downtown sometimes.

I would like to say that they work hard walking the beach, they are nice (usually) so please don't call them peddlers. That word has a shady influence that these working people don't deserve. JMO

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

I hope there are beach merchants down by the Marriott! My husband doesn't like to sit still for very long, but loves to shop, so the beach merchants are the best way to keep him entertained while I enjoy a day at the beach.

He's shopping (and haggling over price, which is what he really enjoys) while I have the headphones on and a cold drink delivered every 30 minutes. And for once we are both happy!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

BankerLisa ~ that is hilarious! What a great combination - I'm with you... headphones on and a drink every 30 minutes.

I love beach vendors - as we also stay at Sun Palace, we have no desire to go out and shop. These people really offer some cool stuff and great prices - and lots of unusual things!

Hats off to them and to all of you that buy from them.

Merry Christmas and happy travels.

Sharon

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

I found the best thing for long haired snorkelers: little hand made skull caps. They tie on and then when you're fooling with your mask you don't pull your hair out, or tangle it, etc. What a great picture this woman made with a big "halo" of the colorful caps on a ring, balanced on her head.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: walking beach vendors..will they be back?

Do the vendors go as far south as the Westin? We are staying there in April and my daughter and I love talking with and shopping from the vendors. Never been to Cancun but we both bought some cool stuff from the vendors in Puerto Vallarta.