We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

I am considering staying at one of these two hotels in mid feb with my family of four young kids and was just wondering if the beaches are ready to go now ? Thanks

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

According to all of the posts about those beaches of those hotels, yes, they are done and ready to go.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

You were probably writing your post just as I moved up the post about completed hotels (as of 29 Dec 2009). Look a bit below this post for that one by Jim.

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

Great ! Any idea if the beach at the Ritz is "bigger" then it was I hear that in the past it was kind of just a "sliver" of a beach- not including the Beach club !

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

Check out ome of the pics at www.cancuntom.com Most all of the beaches are like what you see there--about 60 yards wide more or less.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

I only "measured" one beach. Playa Gaviota Azul up north and my call is that it was 110 yards from the building to the water.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

The Beach Club beach is much wider than the beach in front of the hotel. Las July the beach club was plenty great for us. The JW really has no beach - if you are looking for beach time I wouldn't waste my money with them. Have fun planning your trip.

Ocean Isle Beach...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

Family stayed at the JW last week from the 4th -8th.

The beach is finished , the lounge chairs are out en masse - the place is beautiful.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

GREAT to know! Thank you for the current update.

9. Re: Beach update at Ritz and JW- Are they done ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 05:19