We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

I confess. Any positive attitude I had was gone. I do believe people should continue to support the area, but ASP allowing CHILDREN is the last straw. Sorry, not paying $4k for a vacation that includes hammering in the hallway next to my room, palm trees with no palms, and, now, children making noise and doing whatever else they do. I was willing to put up with the first two "issues", but I can't stand kids. Sorry, families, I know you got bumped, and maybe if Palace wasn't being so snotty about "you will not be compensated". That's what I really have an issue with....people with kids get a reduced rate to RUIN ASP for the rest of us, and we still have to pay the same rate! I'm boycotting Palace for the rest of my life. Now, if they were to give us some money back, I'd consider going and "dealing with it". But I work hard for that money and am not spending it on disapointment. ASP lives in my memory as paradise, and I want to keep it that way. So, if others are cancelling or rebooking elsewhere, don't feel guilty. It's your money.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

As a parent with kids, I completely understand where you are coming from. If I booked a hotel that was adults only - then it there should only be adults. Hotels with kids and families are a whole different atmosphere.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
586 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

yeah, kids waking up at 6:00 in the morning, yelling and fighting all the time. temper tamtrums, freaking out if they dont get their way. never getting a moment of peace.......wait i just described my kids last month in cancun. you might be right. dont feel bad you work hard to save up for a trip and you should enjoy it.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

But, by the same token, I have a four-year-old that is just as good as gold... wait a minute, he was the little boy throwing a fit at Disney a couple of months ago because we wouldn't buy him a Mickey balloon.....and THAT'S why I'm going without him. But, I can smile and laughn (inwardly, of course), at the poor souls that have their own kids with them this time. I'll be going back to my room for a nap on my own time, not theirs.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
586 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

wait..wait...wait YOU get to take a nap???? wow i have heard of a parent taking naps befor but i thought it was a urban legend.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
216 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

I can understand your frustration. I went to Mexico to get away from my kids. I didn't stay at adults only though. Before you get all bent out of shape let me just say that I was never--not once--bothered by any of the kids at my resort. And there were actually a lot of them. It may not be as bad as you think.

Lancaster, MN
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

Hold on a minute....Who says we didn't pay what you paid. We were supposed to stay at the Moon and guess what it costs the same as ASP!!!!!!! So buck up cause families are going to be there. The palace is doing the best they can. If the resort is not full why let them sit empty. They need the money to rebuild the FAMILY resorts

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

4K for a vacation?

In Cancun?

Ooooweee!

Care to list what one gets for this princely sum?

coquille oregon
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

MNmama...you go girl!! I know it isn't a great solution but at this point its the only logical one. I will be there over christmas with my two kids and I hope that the adults only crowd has the good manners not to make them feel that they are unwelcome. You do what you have to do in situations like wilma and thats what the resorts have done. Inconvient? yes for everyone but some of us don not have the luxury of rebooking for another time so we make the best of it.

Southern, Illinois
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

WalkThisWorld, I feel your pain!! I book at the adults-only GCPS and would be upset with the situation too. I would try to change or cancel my plans if possible. If not I would contact my credit card company and let them try to solve the problem. For those with families, I understand your plans were changed and your kids are looking forward to their trip to Mexico. I guess Wilma has struck another problem for Cancun and their visitors.......

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I now understand anyone who wants to just cancel....

I hope that all of the passion being shared by the disappointed adults only ASP posters goes farther than this website.

Be sure to send letters, email and flood the phone lines at Palace until something gives.

I'm all for giving families some place to go especially if they've already paid for it. But if you got my business because advertised an adults-only vacation than you can either give me what you sold me or compensate me.