We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni All Inclusive

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Omni All Inclusive

We have rescheduled our trip to the Omni for mid January. We are thinking of going All Inclusive this time, as Captain's Cove won't be ready, and I don't know what to expect with other nearby restaurants. How are the restaurants at the Omni? Is it worth the money to go All Inclusive?

maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni All Inclusive

We stayed at the Omni in July 05 and had a great time. As far as the restaurants, well, I would say they're average, not bad, just average. The main buffet located downstairs from the main lobby was okay. They had a wide variety and it's possible to find something you'll like. The Pina Coloda restaurant that was located right on the beach was great (I hope it's still there). Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all good experiences. You can also order room service (once a day only) on the All Inclusive plan. Besides the Pina Coloda restaurant, we found the room service to be the most appetizing (slightly different menu). There is an Italian restaurant, DaVinci, which I would not recommend at all. It is fine dining, and I like fine dining, but I did not care for my meal, it did not taste right, it was half cold and I felt sick for the rest of the night after eating just a small portion. I feel that the All Inclusive plan is the way to go as far as meal and liquor are concerned. If you do the math for each meal, each drink, each snack, we came out ahead. I hope you have a good time, please let me know the condition of the hotel/beach as we are scheduled to return in June 06.

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni All Inclusive

I think alot of it depends on what you plan on doing while in Cancun. We didn't do AI at the Omni because we wanted to get out an explore alot. It really worked for us. We ate 2 dinners at the Omni only because we were exhausted from being out all day. The drinks are expensive but once you figure out where and when the happy hours are not bad. Captains Cove was great for breakfast, I'm sorry it won't be there when you go. Whether you go AI or not, join the Omni Select Guest program asap, they will send you coupons for a upgraded room...we got really lucky and had a oceanfront with a balcony...plus they bring you coffee or tea every morning with the newspaper. Have fun!

Level Contributor
19 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni All Inclusive

Thanks for the tips on Omni's AI. I am not sure what we will do at this point, as I am hearing the buffets are average. I would really like to go to different restaurants around Cancun, but haven't a clue as to what will be open in January! Any restaurant recommendations, epsecially 2 for 1, would greatly be appreciated!

Boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni All Inclusive

If you don't go all inclusive, what other options exist? Especially for like spring breakers? Is it expensive(cab/bu) to get into an area with restaurants? Are they cheaper?