We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Which rooms are best? Love Mexico (10th time) & will likely be spending alot of time at the swim-up & beach. Five of us are going ( 1st time for other 3) & basically want to be closest to the action, but great view is important too! Heard that the Caribe rooms are a more Mexican feel. Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Caribe rooms are further away from the action. It is definetly more of the Mexican feel to it. We are going in March to Royal Solaris, it will be my second time there, but my parents go twice a year. Ask for Lalo, he is the best waiter and will take care of you.

Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Only the Tower side has a swim up bar. It's also where most of the action is. There's more shops, bigger pool area, bigger restaurants, theater, gym, spa, lounge arae. While the Caribe side is more quiet, you're only a 2 minute walk away. Assuming you want an ocean view, be sure to specify that. Actually we enjoy both sides.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

if you want action the tower side. close to main pool where all the action is. ocean view is nice but so is lagoon. the caribe side is quite a big diffrence from the tower. but a long walk to the action. and when you drink to much not good.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Thanks for all the advice! We're getting excited & I'm not sure it really matters which side anymore. Anyone know if the Solaris beach is done?

montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

I read on another post that they are at royal solaris now....hope they're right..heading there in 27 days and COUNTING!!!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
375 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Royal Solaris, good choice! You're gonna love the tequilla volleyball, it's alot of fun! Either side of the resort is excellent, with a short walkway between them it doesn't matter which side your on, you'll have full axcess to everything on both sides.

Have a Great time!

Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

This may help......Let me preface this by saying you'll be fine on either side. I've only seen a band in the Caribe side once in 10 years. The Tower is where the nightly entertainment occurs. A show at the theater folowed by a band in the lounge. In both the Caribe and Royal tower theres' a hall "echo" effect. By that I mean noises will be carried from when guests get off the elevator to their rooms. It's somewhat less pronounced in the Caribe side for those who want to sleep at 4am. I'm not complaining, just trying to describe. My guess from your requirements is you'd want the Tower side. But again...you'd be fine on either side. Don't worry.

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Not certain this pic will post but the Caribe Tower is on the left and the Royal Tower on the right. From the pic, you can see that the windows are larger in the Royal. (If it doesn't open, just copy or Google images)

vacationtimesharerentals.com/UploadR/Royal-S…

We loved the view from our room in the Royal Tower, but I asked to see inside a room inside the Caribe and I liked it quite a lot and would love to stay there. Overall, rooms there are nothing special but certainly worth what they're charging.

We were there during the flu scare early summer and had the Caribe Tower pool to ourselves. Being non-party people, we found it to be absolutely divine.

BTW, it is not a huge place and the walking distance to any part of it is very short. One last thing: they served the best guacamole in their open air daytime restaurant that I've ever had. Hope you have a wonderful visit, and on this 10 degree morning, I dare say I envy you!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

Thanks everyone. It is so great to hear from people who've been there. We haven't been to Cancun for 6 years ourselves & it's the first time for our friend & her daughters, so I want it to be the best for them. The Tower does sound like the best, but really, the Resort itself seems to be exactly what we're looking for. Three weeks today!

Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Solaris - caribe or tower room

At the Tower, bring your camera to the 6th floor. There are 4 open balconies at the North and South ends of the building. Terrific views. At the Caribe, get off at the 7th (not the 8th) floor, bear right towards the ocean. At the end of the hall you'll find stairs to a lone 8th floor balcony. Look up at the rooftop and you'll probably see an Osprey's (I think) nest. More great views up there too.