We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food & Drink Costs

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food & Drink Costs

Hi All,

Just looking for a ball part figure on the costs of food & drink in Pesos.

If anyone could list a rough price of local and international alcoholic drinks that would br great. I want to make sure i take enough pesos!

Thanks

PA
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food & Drink Costs

Tough question..Who knows what U want to buy?... This might help

1 British pound = 20.8 pesos

1 US dollar = 12.8 pesos

Go to www.oanda.com/currency/travel-exchange-rates You can get a currency exchange cheat sheet to take w/ you...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food & Drink Costs

It is not cheap. If you go grab a quick bite at taco factory you can get away with 200 pesos for 2 people. If you go to planet hollywood or chilis or something like that its about 500 pesos I would say for 2 people, depending if you want alcohol or not.Harry's or Puerto Madero you can expect over 1000 pesos if not more.

I dont know if your doing all inclusive or have a timeshare rental or condo and if so plan on cooking so I am just assuming you need costs for restaurants.

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food & Drink Costs

We are going AI but plan to have the odd night out of the hotel. Alcohol wise I was just wondering what a bottle of corona would cost, a bottle of wine etc.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food & Drink Costs

I was totally bummed on the price of drinks on our last trip to Cancun. After being to Mazatlan and Ixtapa paying a buck or two for a beer, Cancun seemed outrageous at $3-$5 at a decent place. We went to La Distilleria and were shocked at the $11 margarita price when the check came.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food & Drink Costs

Colesey:

Coco Bongos- $45.00 for open bar

City Nightclub- $45.00 open Bar

Corona Bar- $15.00 open Bar

Slices- $15.00 open Bar

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food & Drink Costs

Just got back today and here is what we noticed in the more mainstream places:

Hard Rock, Pat O'Briens, Bubba Gumps, Planet Hollywood, Maragritaville etc:

Starters approx 100-150 Pesos

Mains approx 170-300 Pesos

Desserts approx 100-130 Pesos

Bottled Beer approx 49 Pesos

Draught Beer (22 oz) approx 89 Pesos

More upmarket places such as Thai, Cambalache, Harrys etc:

Starters approx 120-250 Pesos

Mains approx 230-600 Pesos

Desserts approx 130-180 Pesos

Wine minimum of 500 Pesos a bottle

Our big shock was the price of wine in restaurants and regular stores. I would recommend you go to La Europa if you drink wine, its less than half the price of other stores in the hotel zone.

Of the cheaper places I would recommend Hard Rock for a burger (180 Pesos). Good quality and nice atmosphere, avoid Planet Hollywood like the plague.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food & Drink Costs

LOL, I love Cambalaches, but I got a Glenlevette 12 year old single malt and soda..forget what the Pesos were, but it converted to $16 US for the drink.

8. Re: Food & Drink Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 07:15