We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Someone in a private message asked me why I always go All Inclusive. They always go EP and were actually "scolding"" me for always recomending AI Resorts to people who ask for that type of advise. For the record, I have stayed Ep at the Hilton. It is a wonderfull Hotel. Just not my cup of tea.

Going AI is just my personal preference. I still go out and about, to Restaraunts, ect. Alot actually. During the day, I LOVE to play pool volleyball, ect. and drink quite a bit while doing so. Dont care to pay for all those drinks. This person said you can go to the stores, but beer, cooler, ect. Guess what? I don't want to go to the store and buy it. Its like work to me. I'm on vacation.So is grocery shopping, ect. if I was to rent a Villa or Condo with a Kitchen. I don't want to. Thats stuff I do in everyday life. I'm on vacation. I want to get away from everyday life.

As far as eating out all the time. Restaraunts are pricey in EP Resorts. Just the way it is, same as drinks. Cost alot too. Yes, there are TONS of very reasonable Eateries in Cancun. I think this is where my personal choice comes in. I travel extensively for work. I eat out 3 or 4 nights a week. Even though I do eat out in Cancun, going AI gives me the option not to if I don't feel like it.

If you like EP, please do it by all means. Have fun. But please don't tell me I'm an idiot, yes this was said, for always going AI. It's my money..You spend yours and I'll spend mine any way I see fit. Quite a few people "infer" that people are dumb for doing either. Some for going AI, some for not going AI...Really?? Come on now...

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

There are three things you can do with a PM like that. First, block that sender. Second, cut and past that PM and post it on the open forum (with the appropriate heading) and then answer if you want. And the last thing you can do is report this person to Trip Advisor as someone who is personally harassing you.

calgary canada
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Amen brother. When I'm on vacation I don't want to cook or clean or have any thing to worry about. When we stayed at the golden all I had to do was hold my hand up or nod my head and there was another drink in front of me , sometimes even before I thought I needed another drink they had one in front of me. I tipped constantly because I loved that kind of service and I really appreciated that pampered feeling. I want to feel special and pampered without always thinking about a bar tab or getting to a restaurant to eat. If I felt hungry I would make a pit stop at the restroom and then swing by and maybe grab some nachos and relax again on the lounger on the beach with my book and the sound of the ocean. I loved everything about AI. We've taken many vacations but we had never done an AI before but now my husband and I agree that really made for a great , relaxing, stress free vacation.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

What Bob said.

Grrrrr - these obnoxious people who hide behind their keyboards REALLY get to me. Abusive postings of any sort are unacceptable but sending abusive PMs is cowardly as well.

And for the subject itself - AI non AI - nothing's perfect and they each have their pros and cons. It comes down to a matter of PERSONAL choice, pure and simple.

ttcl - I'm really sorry this happened to you and hope it won't keep you off these forums in the future.

Edited: 29 January 2010, 20:38
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Nah, I'd never let this keep me off TA!! For the Record, it wasn't someone from the Cancun Forum, it was the Puerto Vallarta one. We hashed it out.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,841 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

I'm glad you posted what you like about AL over EP's actually. We always stay at EP or a condo - again, our choice - like AL is yours. It's truly a personal choice - whatever works for you. Go on vacation. Have a blast. Unless someone else is paying, they shouldn't tell you have to enjoy your vacation.....even then I'm not so sure.

Cheryl

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Awww c'mon - post it, post it, POST IT. I don't care that you got it resolved, you've piqued my interest and now I wanna know what that darned PM said, Leave the sender's name off it you want but give us somethin'!!!!

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

It is funny to me that some act like they are culturally superior because they do EP instead of AI in the Riviera Maya. Like they are closer to the Mexican culture by staying EP. My Mexican husband who will only do AI in the RM laughs so hard at that one.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,841 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Then we can have a contest....free pool drink for the person who guesses who the crabby monster is!

Cheryl

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

LOL, Cheryl, it was from a person on the Puerto Vallarta Forum....I will never tell though..Like I said, we hashed it out.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,841 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI vs. EP....Someone asked why I always go AI

Ah, darn. I already had my nominees teed up.

Cheryl