We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent cell phone

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Topic
Rent cell phone

Hi folks – Will be at EDR end of March and I am wondering if I can rent a cell phone for 8 days?

Thanks for your help.

chicago il
Level Contributor
512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent cell phone

Hi cancun valet rents phones for your stay . Have a great time !!

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent cell phone

Thanks 42timer. I believe that was the valet we used the last time down a few yrs. ago. I will search for a web site.

Michigan
Level Contributor
976 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent cell phone

We used to rent from Cancun Valet, but then I discovered Mexitel. They are wonderful. $1.00 for a 15 minute phone call back to the states! You really can't beat their prices. I have a phone right now that is going to Cancun with us on Sunday, and another rented for late March.. $35.00 for a two-week rental. You load the time on yourself (or they will do it for a small fee).

Much cheaper than Cancun Valet.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent cell phone

Thanks Nancy - but is this cell service readily available from Canada? Or do you pick up the phone in Cancun/Playa area?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
391 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent cell phone

Does anyone use Skype for this? I'm thinking that with free WiFi access in some areas, this might be the way to go. Anybody tried it?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rent cell phone

Skype might be a good idea, never thought of it. I use Verizon and simply had to have them "turn on" international calling before one of our trips and we rarely have an issue calling home to the States.

7. Re: Rent cell phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 07:17