We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Refund

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
taylor mill, ky
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Vacation Refund

Hay

Has anyone gotten a refund from Apple Vacations or any other travel company?

9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Vacation Refund

All,

I was booked with MLT Worry Free Vacations for 10/26-29 to the Yucatan. MLT called me and cancelled the vacation with less than 48 hours before departure.

They refused to refund my payment. They did offer to rebook without penalty if I did so within 21 days. They said that I had one year to complete my travel.

Like most people, I don't have my vacation dates for next year, so effectively I can't rebook my vacation in the next 21 days. I also don't see why I should let MLT hold my money for up to a year. Remember, they cancelled on me, not the other way around.

I did dispute the charges with my credit card company. The travel company could not provide the service that I had contracted for, and refused to refund my payment. I received a refund yesterday from my credit card company.

princeton,nj
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vacation Refund

apple vocat.-very bad!

princeton,nj
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vacation Refund

apple re-book as with penalty.we complain to concumer affairs

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
224 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vacation Refund

I received my full refund from Sunquest tours and have re-booked another package already...9 more sleeps!

Lene

Delta
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Vacation Refund

I have a little company that sells alternative health courses. I have been recommending to traveling students to go to Aventura Spa Palace Resort via Sunseekers Vacations since August of 2001.

Sunseekers is a small but robust company that has weathered the aftermath of the 2001 attacks on the Twin Towers, Hurricane Emily in July of this year and will survive Hurricane Wilma's wrath. Your concerns about Sunseekers going bankrupt are extremely unlikely.

I wouldn't trade Sunseekers for all the Expedias in the world and I am loyal to them!When frightening things have happened, the staff at Sunseekers Vacations have answered my phone calls and emails and helped me and my students get through the mess. It has been comforting to have the same familiar voices to talk to. I can honestly say that I have never had bad customer service. I expect that they probably take unpleasant criticism more personally than the average 9 to 5 Expedia worker who's livelihood isn't jeopardized by these types of natural disasters.

I understand how much you want your money refunded - I have been there myself. What happened with Hurricane Emily in July is that as soon as it hit, all of a sudden Palace Resorts issued a NO REFUND policy. You can imagine how panicked I was! When I called Sunseekers Vacations, they were as audibly upset as I was. After Hurricane Emily passed, Sharon managed to get my refund and helped my travelers rebook etc - this solidified my faith that they are a good company with sound morals. This experience has caused me to encourage my students to at least consider travel insurance and assess their own risk tolerance though. Having insurance separate from the hotel and travel agency is wise. Travel Guard is a very reputable company.

If you look at your paperwork that you get from Sunseekers Vacations, your credit card charges go directly to Palace Resorts head office (WTV). If Sunseekers Vacations says you'll get your refund, I am positive that they will make every effort to get it to you but it has to be processed back to your credit card through the Palace Resorts. It sounds like it could take 2 months. Remember that Hurricane Wilma had extremely unusual circumstances in regard to Palace Resorts. It was the most powerful Atlantic Hurricane on record, it hit Cancun head on and hovered there from Friday morning to Sunday morning, then it moved to Miami where the Palace Resorts head office is. The combination of the time it took to hit Cancun and for the head office to reopen in Miami was nearly two weeks - communication was sparse at best. If Sunseekers is not getting communication from the head office, they can't relay any information to you.

Every staff member in Miami and Cancun were/are experiencing personal devastation as well as dealing with unhappy travelers. I expect the delay in refunds is strictly a manpower and business decision issue. The owners of Palace Resorts are doing their best to get the hotels up and running and revenue being generated so that the thousands of us can rebook or get refunds - it has only been 3 weeks since the Hurricane left Cancun.