We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Nb
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

How many pieces of luggage do you normally bring for a 7 day stay?

Our airline is allowing TWO checked luggage each, and TWO carry ons each, (I've never been so 'spoiled' luggage wise! It's the first time we use West Jet.)

I'm thinking of maybe bringing two checked luggage each and one carry on each... we wouldn't have to cram our plus-sized clothing and be paranoid about the weight for once... and they're direct flights.. But it feels 'weird' to be allowed 2 suitcases each hehe.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

One. I'm not moving. I only take what I'll wear....and do laundry once or twice during the 2 weeks.

Cheryl

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

Well, I was just trying to figure this out.

We went for 5 days, took one big and one carry on.

I'm not small, and my husband wears XXLT. I was trying to figure out how to do two carry ons so as to bypass waiting for luggage.

Honestly, I don't think we could do it.

I could have used more clothes but did ok.

Just depends, I think two carry ons would be fine?

Have a FAB trip!!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

I go only with the clothes on my back, i actually have 2 bags packed filled with linens and towels for my next trip. I feel like an international textile smuggler

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

"I feel like an international textile smuggler"

LOL!!!!

Husband and self for 7 days:

- one smaller sized (about 25" I think) checked bag;

- one rollerboard with all the essential or valuable items (one bathing suit each, clean shirt, undies in case checked bag goes astray plus cameras, prescription meds etc.); and

- one beach bag which I use as my "purse" with all the conventional purse stuff (passports, wallet, kleenex, gum) plus the stuff we'll need access to inflight - reading glasses, iPods, magazines etc.

I have finally weaned myself down to ONE pair of heels for evening wear and really couldn't be prouder of myself.

Moncton, Nb
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

My checked bags are all 25" too... I wish I had just two really big suitcases!

But I just thought of something.. I was thinking of how much stuff we had to leave behind on the cruise last year because our two luggage were at 50lbs.. but we don't need to bring like a sports coat for hubby and other fancy clothes like that... so that might help keep it minimal...

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

We take a total of 3 checked bags for 2 people. BubbaQ's stuff is in a 21", my stuff plus his overflow is in a 25" and I take a 21" crammed full of toys for Give a Toy Get a Smile. On the return flight the toy suitcase becomes my tequila suitcase. <shrug>

The only carry on we take is a small backpack with the essentials if our luggage goes on a different vacation than us, and a little handled lunch bag with snacks.

Although the facilities are available, I don't do laundry on vacation, so we pack accordingly. We have lots of room for souvenirs, and usually need it.

I like having the extra smaller suitcase just incase. The one trip I didn't have it, I was one pound shy of the luggage limit ... I really restrained myself shopping wise. My co-workers found out it was cheaper to check a second bag than to pay for the overweight bag.

Edited: 04 February 2010, 01:13
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

I large suitcase full for 2..weigh it at home and keep it under 50 lbs. 1 Garmet bag for 2 with the Dress Clothes...1 carry on each.

newbieRN
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

Weight limit for luggage is always a huge problem for me! I was 12 pounds over the limit a couple trips ago! I used to use two pieces a large and medium suitcase... and a carry on bag and a purse...but then i realized that the second suitcase was wasting a good portion of my weight limit! Now I just try and jam pack my big suitcase instead and use a beach bag for my carry on... Comming home I leave behind all shampoos and sun tan lotions if theres any left and then that gives me some room for my tequilla! Have fun!!

Moncton, Nb
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

All this talk about Tequila... how much tequila can you bring back anyway? hehe.

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many pieces of luggage do you bring?

One carry-on only!! This totally eliminates the strees of standing in line waiting for you baggage to get unloaded off the plane.

Actually, I have one check bagage one time and ended up not wearing 3/4 of what I took along.