We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scams

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MN
1 post
Save Topic
Scams

Is omnicancun.net a scam? they are offering 6 days all inclusive for $399....likely too good to be true??

Here's the link....

omnicancun.net/…

Mexico
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Scams

Did you read the fine print?

It is a way to bring you there pre "hooked" for their timeshare. They can not seel you a timeshare is you are not at the Hotel, so no it is not likely a scam.

Congratulations! In appreciation of your acceptance to attend a 90 minute promotional tour of the resort sometime during your stay, the Omni Cancun Resort has extended this special ONE TIME ONLY promotional vacation package to you allowing you to save up to 75% off the retail price! Your All Inclusive vacation package allows you take advantage of UNLIMITED meals, room service, beverages including alcohol drinks, and usage of all the resort amenities! Other than the 90-minute resort preview, there is absolutely no other Obligation. The resort preview is designed to be fun and informative and includes a tour of the resort property & amenities which will help you better enjoy your vacation!

Qualifications for this promotion are as follows:

* Must arrive at resort and check in with confirmation letter, major credit card, Identification. The primary guest must be present to register.

* If married the husband must be between the ages of 30-65 and must attend with their spouse. If co-habiting both of the participants must be between the ages of 35-55 and must attend with their live in partner. Both parties must attend resort sales preview. Must have a combined annual household income of $45,000.00. Neither traveling party may be students.

* Legally Single Women 35-55 old or legally single men 35-55 with an annual income of $ 40,000.00 or greater.

* If not married, proof of cohabitation must be provided (i.e. matching addresses on driver’s license, passport and lease agreement, bank statement, etc.)

* Two forms of identification are required for check-in and the preview: Valid driver’s license or state issued ID or USA or Canadian Passport (residence of the province of Quebec do not qualify), and a valid credit card with a Visa, MasterCard or Amex logo. Check cards, debit cards, Discover Cards and company business credit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo are NOT accepted as a major credit card.

* Traveling Participants must be able to read, speak fluent English or Spanish without the help of an interpreter.

* This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer or for use with another vacation ownership week. Also, this offer is not available to current Resort Vacation Club Members, or to guests who have vacationed with Resort Vacation Club in the past and attended the resort developer sales preview. Participating in another resort promotion while utilizing this vacation offer is prohibited, violating this term will result in automatic disqualification.

* This offer is only valid to Citizens of the USA and Canada. This offer is not available to travel agents, airline, hospitality, or vacation ownership industry employees.

* When traveling to Mexico the participant must spend their first night in Mexico at the Omni Cancun Resort or this promotion will be voided.

* Only one promotional package per family. Extra rooms may be available for family and friends at a discounted rate, however, only one party will receive the discounted package price.

detroit, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Scams

I just came accross this offer today. It is a one day sale same as you said above. Just curious to see if you followed through on this??

Charlotte, NC
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scams

It's not really a one-day offering. They still have it running as of this morning.

Denver
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Scams

Has anyone figured out what's the catch to this deal?

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scams

The "catch" is you have to agree to attend their timeshare presentation....

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scams

You only have to listen to their balogney for '90 minutes' or 4 hrs. Just keep saying 'no' and the worst that can happen is they say 'f*ck you' like they did to me at the NH Krystal.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scams

There was another post recently on a similar deal. When you try to redeem it there may be other charges so personally, I would consider it in the "too good to be true" category.

Here is that post:

http://tinyurl.com/2vhlewr

Edited: 07 May 2010, 23:49
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scams

It is a one day sale. The problem is they do not know which day so they keep running it.

Alpharetta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Scams

I got this 5 nights package too for 400$ +70$ tax. Do you think I will see other charges? or I have to endure 90 min. presentation and it will be the end? Should I cancel it now and get another place or it is going to be OK?

Niagara Falls...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Scams

i think u will recieve a 90 mins thing too. I am so mad at myself right now that i did not pay attention to the cancelling reservation part, i didn't realize that it is not refundable. Now i found another deal which is better and i can't switch to that better one. I hope i can survive in that 90 mins .