We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Concerns

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
5 posts
Save Topic
Weather Concerns

I will be at the Royal Solaris from Feb16th - 24th. Weather does not look to promising. Should I be concerned?

montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Concerns

Moondog...I will be arriving at Royal Solaris the day you are leaving!! (Feb 24th)..the ONLY thing you have no control over on a vacation is the weather...Don't stress...they serve drinks indoors as well!!~! Leave some for us tho, cuz i'm working up quite a thirst while counting down the days!!

Have a great vacation!

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Concerns

No, you will get plenty of sun! We just got back on Monday. We could walk on the beach at 6:30AM with a bathing suit and be WARM! It felt wonderful... DON'T WORRY!!

NY
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Concerns

I am worried about rain in the forecast.

Butte, Montana
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Concerns

Gonna be at cancun caribe park royal on 17-24 im worrid too about the weather but i think forecasts are garbage it was supposed to be sunny in puerto vallarta last yeat when i went an we barely saw the sun so i go with the opposite of the forecast

Butte, Montana
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Concerns

a cool place i have been checking for weather is the web cams at royalresorts.com most of them are from cancun and its been sunny almost every time ive checked them even though weather.com says its mostly cloudy or cloudy

NY
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Concerns

I can't help but worry with showers in the forecast everyday but one.

Butte, Montana
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Concerns

accuweather is lookin better lot less rain and more sun just what we need.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Concerns

Moondog, you are traveling to a Tropical Region. This is my 10th trip there and ALWAYS the forecast calls for rain just about everyday. Has been that way for years and will be for years to come...It will be fine.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Concerns

When I went to Cancun in May of 2005 (I know it's a different time of year), the forecast said rain just about every day we were there. We never saw one drop. I think it rains sometimes at specific times. I highly doubt it'll rain the whole trip or even a majority of it. You'll get plenty of sun down there. Have fun!!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Concerns

Rain is almost always in the forecast, but is seldom a problem. Just an occasional short shower. Look at it this way -- whatever the weater is, it will be better than if you were at home.