We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace Question

philadelphia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Moon Palace Question

I have only been to one other AI Paraiso Lindo which takes reservations for dinner. I am interested in traveling to the Moon Palace with my Husband, 3 and 5 yr old from March 28-April 4t. (spring break time). I read that the Moon Palace doesn't accept reservations for dinner at the restaurants....is this a problem? Do you end up waiting in line forever??? I don't want to do this with 2 young kids. I also don't want to have to worry each day about leaving the pool early to make it to dinner to beat the rush. That doesn't seem relaxing to me....or is this not even an issue???

Thanks

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace Question

We had no issues at any of the restaurants last February except the Italian at the Golf Course. They took us into all the other restaurants right away. Now, occupancy was at around 50% so I'm sure that had something to do with it. When we went to MP in '06 there was a wait at the Asian restaurant on the Sunrise side (about 45 min) and a wait at the Italian restaurant at the Golf course (again about 45 min) but the resort was full that week. We are going April 13-20 this year and can't wait!

Ontario
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace Question

We have been to MP twice and only one time did we have to wait. There are several restaurants to choose from. The other option if you have to wait is you could jump into the buffet and grab a snack until your table is ready.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace Question

jackie

We were there in March 08, and it was a problem for us. We ended up eating at the buffets for all but 2 dinners during our week stay. The kids (4 &7) fell asleep at the table before we were through with dinner. Members have been allowed to make reservations in the past. We are arriving on April 3rd, and I've already warned my husband that we will be making reservations this stay. That is if we still have that perk. I took advantage of it in Oct, but Palace has been known to make changes without telling us.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace Question

We have traveld to Moon many times during the winter break in February when it is very full and typically didn't have much of a wait, maybe 20 minutes at the most.

There are something like 13 or 14 places to pick from for dinner including outside seating so you should be fine

there is also room service included!

Have fun

staten island n.y
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace Question

I havent had problems in the past with long waits but i will at moon the same time this year as you and as far as the occupancy goes , think its fully booked. Never thought that to be possible but i was told though member services that even if i wanted another jacuzzi suite they could not do it, so i myself am expecting at the very least some waiting. could be worse , i could be waiting at an outback in new jersey for an hour. lol

chris

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace Question

Palace's website is showing that too. The only Palace left that week that can accomadate 4 is a Presidential at Beach.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace Question

What's up Palace's reservation's website? Yesterday the week before & after Easter showed all rooms sold out except for Beach. Today lots of availability.

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace Question

I have been at the Moon during Easter and Christmas weeks and there is always a long line to eat, at least a hour. If you get in line as soon as they open like 5pm you should be ok. The later you go the longer the line. If the resort is full watch out. It dosn't matter if there are 13 places to eat, they will all have lines.

I don't like to go when everyone seems to have the week off. My kids are out of school, so we can go anytime now. We went last year the first week in March and the resort was empty. We are going in the middle of March, I hope it is not too busy.

Good Luck

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace Question

We went over Easter Break last year. It was no big deal. We waited for 20 minutes once at the Asian Restaurant, all the others we just walked in and sat down around 6:30. It was great!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moon Palace Question

Last year the occupancy was low due to the economy?