We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indinapolis, In
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

I've heard lots of reports of a lack of pool and beach chairs at Crown Club paradise . I'm headed there during spring break so I'm sure it will be an issue. I have heard they have a no "reserving" policy but people get up at the crack of dawn to reserve a chair and then don't use it until 11 am or so. I'm thinking I will just toss their towels aside and use the chair anyway. What do you all think?

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

Personally, no, I wouldn't "swipe" one. If there was no place to sit, I would talk to a staff member and let them be the ones to remove items and enforce the policy. That way you can avoid a confrontation when they return - you can refer them to the staff member.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

Yep ecatlin... that would be pretty classy of you ... of course that's just my opinion !

Edited: 15 February 2010, 19:07
Illinois
Level Contributor
982 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

I would agree with PAMichelle and have the the hotel people enforce. I wouldn't do it myself as it would just cause conflict when the people came down for the chair and saw I had taken it. I don't really want any of that kind of baloney on vacation.

Alternately, it was a policy that the resort wasn't t willing to enforce then I'd probably join in and reserve my own chair at the crack of dawn! You know, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. Haha! We are typically poolside by 9a, so at least our "reserved" chairs wouldn't be sitting there for hours unused. :-)

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

I have stayed at CPC a number of times, and I haven't had too much trouble with the loungers. I suggest as the previous poster suggests, asking a staff person about a place to sit. They will typically pull some more loungers out of storage.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

Of course, after 2-3 hours and nobody shows up...it's yours.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

I have been to the Crown Paradise Club twice and am going back in May. This has been an issue for years at the hotel and the "No Saving" policy is not enforced. If I got to the pool and I noticed chairs going unused for a while I would have no problem politely taking towels off chairs and putting them on the ground. I am a very tolerant understanding person but we are paying for the use of the chairs just like they are and I won't let the rudeness of others ruin my vacation. The two times we went it was not really an issue but I 'm wondering with the beach restoration if more people are wanting to take chairs to the beach leaving the pool a little short on chairs. When will you be there? Make sure to post when you get back.

Saint Louis Park...
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

People have gotten up early for the last 10 years we have been going, and I've

been to different hotels and it's the same at every one of them ....Live with it....

or get a staff member to help you out....

Indinapolis, In
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

thanks for the suggestions. I'm still undecided. I don't know if breaking a rule because everyone else is is for sure the way to go.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

Go to the adult pool...never had a problem getting a lounger there OR go the beach. The main pool is so crowded and loungers are stacked so close to each other it's hard to even get to one.

indy
Level Contributor
26 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would you swipe a "reserved" pool chair?

We are headed to the same resort. I will not play that game. If someone is away from their "reserved" chair for a long period of time I have no problem using it. If it is a big problem when they get back we can go from there. I am going with my kids as well so I am not able to go to the adult pool. I would understand if someone did the same to me. If the policy is no reserving chairs then wnough said:)