We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Cancun - February 2010

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Rain in Cancun - February 2010

We are leaving for Cancun this Friday (2/19/2010) and just checked the 10 day forecast which calls for rain and showers the entire time. Does anyone know how accurate these forecasts are and/or have been in Cancun in recent weeks and can share their experience? Thanks!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

Check wunderground or accuweather. They show literally 1 day with rain next week. Many forecasts are right in that it might rain...it is the tropics...but the truth is that it might rain at night, not at all, might for 10 minutes in the afternoon or it might actually rain. In over 17 years of trips to Cancun only one day (May) was ever completely rainy.

Cheryl

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

I am right there with you... not only are we getting hit with a snow storm the night before we leave (wednesday at 8am)... but the 10 day calls for rain every single day of our trip. Wow... this would be horrible. Lets both hope that accuweather is a joke.

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

We walked all over Playa Del Carmen one time in the rain. It was nice, we'd shop, stop and eat/drink and walk on. The 'rain' in the forcast is most likely like that. Nothing to slow you down very much.

Don't worry... be happy.

4 more days...until fun in the sun.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

As someone suggested, stick with www.accuweather.com, click on the world link and enter cancun. It was very accurate for us. We just got back and I checked the site each morning and the forecast was spot on. It did rain and it was cool on Saturday (72 degrees). I know that's laughable when I say cool, but not swimming weather. There seems to be an El Nino-induced wave of weather that continues streaking across Mexico that's causing interesting weather in all of Mexico, but we managed a good mix of clouds and sun during our stay.

Relax, it will rain, but you will also get good weather.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

i know what you mean...when we were there in december, it was either overcast or rain with minimal sunshines. on one particular day, of all days, the day we had to go to isla mujeres, it poured for hours but my son and i still enjoyed ourselves tremendously in the rain driving around in a rented golf cart. yeh, we got wet alright, we covered ourselves with towels and the wind was just whipping at us with the rain. i must say that day was still one of the funnest days we had in cancun. whatever weather it may bring, you will still love it because you are on holidays ! enjoy enjoy enjoy ...bon voyage..

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
518 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

Oftentimes the weather says that and it's true... but with the hotel zone, the weather typically breaks up before land....

I get there Thursday and I'm concerned but not too much.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

It is my 4th year this year and for the past 3 years... it never rained even if they were saying it would. I am leaving Thursday for Cancun too (feb. 18) so we are both in the same boat... wishing it won't rain.. ;-) what hotel are you going to ?

Melanie from Canada

8. Re: Rain in Cancun - February 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 07:15