We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Las Americas??

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Palace Las Americas??

Booked this hotel for 2 weeks from 5th October this year!!! but not sure if to go ahead..some reviews say that its shaded..im a sunbaving person so i want the sun! is this true?? and what is the weather like in this month? and any other advice is helpful! THANK YOU!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

When I went to the Riu Palace Las Americas I didn't notice any more shade than a normal beach-side resort! I actually loved the amount of sun! The only area that I can remember being shaded was the swim-up bar. They have plenty of lounge chairs in the sun!

I actually visited in October so I know the exact time you are going – Weather is HOT and HUMID, but when you are by a pool or an ocean, the hotter the better! We lucked out, no rain the whole time, but keep in mind that it might rain because October is the tail-end of Hurricane season!

You will love the resort – Beautiful, Great Staff, and Great Food. Views from the rooms are AMAZING!

Have a great time!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

It's a great resort. There are areas that get shaded early, but there are also plenty of areas to get sun all day.

Glastonbury,CT
Level Contributor
314 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

The beach area at this RIU is shady at different points during the day due to the surrounding buildings. If you grab your chaises near the volleyball net, that os one of the spots that remians in the sun the entire day.

As for the pool, it seeemed that the best areas for optimal sunshine were on either side of the infinity edge of the activity pool. Facing the ocean to the left got great morning sun and the right side moreso in the afternoon. Both of these areas weere pretty prime spots for chair savers also with most claimed at 7:30 AM ( i am not kidding). So grab them early if this is your thing!

Its a great hotel. Have a blast

Glastonbury,CT
Level Contributor
314 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

The beach area at this RIU is shady at different points during the day due to the surrounding buildings. If you grab your chaises near the volleyball net, that os one of the spots that remians in the sun the entire day.

As for the pool, it seeemed that the best areas for optimal sunshine were on either side of the infinity edge of the activity pool. Facing the ocean to the left got great morning sun and the right side moreso in the afternoon. Both of these areas weere pretty prime spots for chair savers also with most claimed at 7:30 AM ( i am not kidding). So grab them early if this is your thing!

Glastonbury,CT
Level Contributor
314 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

Glastonbury,CT
Level Contributor
314 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

WOAH..not sure why that posted 3 times even if we really did LOVE the RIU.

Sorry!

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

Thanks for the advice!! that has made me happy to know that its not shaded the entire day! some people make it seem alot worse on the reviews lol..cant wait to go! im happy now!! thank you!!

8. Re: Riu Palace Las Americas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:18