We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Towel Card

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Towel Card

Hi All

Does anyone know if the Riu hotels use the towel card system?

I'm staying at the Riu Cancun and might visit the Riu Caribe pool and wondering if I have to bring my own towel or the towel card.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,372 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Towel Card

Yes you get towel cards... typically we leave our towel card with the towel attendant the first day of our trip when we get towels, at the end of each day exchange them for new towels, at the end of our vacation we get the towel card back; much easier than retrieving it and keeping track of it daily.

I would bring my towel with me, depending on what time you arrive at the Caribe they may not have towels available.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
776 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Towel Card

Thanks for the info

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Towel Card

I do the same thing...turn my towel card in for a towel when I get there, and then just keep exchanging wet/dirty towels for a dry/clean one. When I'm ready to leave, I turn in my towel and get my card back. I found that much easier than trying to keep track of the card. We actually had to use our beach towels in our room one night to make a dry path to the bathroom because we left our sliding glass door open to listen to the waves and when we woke up our tile floor was very slippery wet from the humidity. Not a good idea to leave the sliding glass door open...it also turns off the air conditioning when the door is open.

Michigan City...
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Towel Card

You don't need to carry your towels from one Riu to the other. Just turn in your towel and take the card to the other Riu and exchange it for a towel there. In fact if you look at your towel card it will say Riu Palace, Caribe or Cancun, they are all interchangeable.

5. Re: Riu Towel Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:18