We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

I've found that there are two types of vacationers;

The over planner-Every moment of every day has to be planned out from where to eat lunch to tours

and

The one that doesn't plan past what their next drink is gonna be

Which one are you?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

Personally, the only things I plan are the arrival and the departure. I won't even set an alarm clock. I'll just leave the shade open just enough to let a little sun in.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

If you must have every vacation day scheduled you might as well stay at work.

Thanks,

Clark W. Griswold

Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

Depends...when we went to Europe, we had a pretty strict itinerary, because there was so much to see and do, trains to catch, etc. But, during a "whirlwind" trip like that, we try to find a place to relax for a few days at the end, or in the middle, and that time is not scheduled. For "beach" vacations, we actually scheduled in our time to relax, which is odd, but last time we made sure that we did not do tours or anything our first or last day. And we did not plan sleep, eating, or anything else, we just did what we felt like doing! A guy at my company is comfortable just buying a plane ticket and that's all the planning he does. He and his new wife ended up sleeping on the floor of a train station in Spain because of zero planning. I can't put up with things like that, so I like plans.

Seattle
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

We have an idea of a couple of trips (Coba and Xel-Ha for sure) but not the days we will do them. We play most of it by ear (we will be in Cancun 1 week & Playa Del Carmen 2 weeks). I guess you can say we plan by how the "spirits" move us.

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

I like to fly by the seat of my pants as they say. I went to Belize (I had to thanks to Mexico kicking me out) with no plan at all. Literally not even a place to stay. I just talked to people on the bus who gave me advice. I ended up on the most beautiful wee lil island (Caye Caulker if you want to google it) with my own cabana right on the beach and the best snorkelling of my life. I only needed to be out of Mexico for 72 hours but ended up staying in Belize for 6 days, incredible trip, nothing planned at all.

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

If you are on the go all the time that is no vacation. The biggest decision of the day is where we will eat. Most of the time will be probably at the pool bar and because we are staying at ASP we will definately hit the spa. Looking forward to a massage....

Ceres, California
Level Contributor
447 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

I don't necessarily even have to plan the drink. Here is my Keg, filler up.

I will book Joe's Jeep tour ahead, gotta save the 20 bucks, other than that, I'm on vacation.

That's not to say that I won't have a huge list of possibilities, that I will glean from the knowledge on the forum :)

Ceres, California
Level Contributor
447 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

Cancun Bob,

THREE weeks, god I envy you. I was feeling happy with 10 days, now I am so depressed.

better go get my megamillions lotto ticket.

when I win, I will divide my time between Cancun and Maldives.

Mpls
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

We usually have plans prior to our trip, some pan out and some don't. I guess we play it by ear.

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: SURVEY: Do you scheduled out what you're going to do while...

I've never planned what to do on a trip before.

But this time I've discovered TA.

Now I can't help myself.

It's sending me a bit radio rental.