We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Tours vs. Horseback Riding Tours

Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jeep Tours vs. Horseback Riding Tours

We are mid 60's average mobility. Any suggestions for Jeep tours vs. Horse Riding Tour. Heard Las Talsmas Horse tour is excellent. Does anyone have price range for both or any helpful hints ??

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,282 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Tours vs. Horseback Riding Tours

I think it depends upon how much horseback riding you've done - especially recently. Despite practically being born in the saddle, I haven't ridden much for the past 20 years but got talked into going riding last summer. I'm in my late 40s, work out, go to yoga regularly and kid myself that I'm fairly flexible and in reasonable shape but boy, my hips were KILLING me after one ride that lasted about 2 hours. So much so that I had to dismount and walk part of the way. Fortunately, the discomfort didn't last long and although I was a bit sore the next day, I was fine the day after that. I would stress that this was an easy pace, trail ride type of thing (albeit in an English saddle, which is the only way I know how to ride) - it's not like I was galloping around or going over jumps.

On the other hand, I've heard that Jeep tours can be very bumpy and greatly aggravate any back/spine issues you may have.

Pick your poison I guess - I think either one would be a ton of fun at the time; it's the aftermath I'd be slightly concerned about!

Cancun
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Tours vs. Horseback Riding Tours

Which jeep tour are you looking at? Joes' Adventure Jeep tour was a popular one but they closed shop. I think there is now a similar tour with hummers.

The best horseback tour I know off is Rancho Baaxal. Research them a bit, and you will quickly see that they have nothing but happy clients.

For the jeep tour I would recommend the one offered by www.Tankah.com.mx

As far as which one to chose from, as the other posted mentioned, it is up to you to pick your poison

3. Re: Jeep Tours vs. Horseback Riding Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 06:18