We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and safety in June

Portland, OR
11 posts
Save Topic
Weather and safety in June

Looking at the weather info posted for what to expect in June it appears that it has the greatest rainfall. Does anyone know if this is similar to Hawaii in that the rains pass through or it does at night and then it blows over or does it get socked in? Hate to spend all that money to have it be like it is here at home in Portland - RAINING!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and safety in June

We have been to Cancun many times in the month of June and for the most part the rain comes in the night, only on very few occasions have we ever had rain in the day and when it did happen, it was all gone within an hour or two. I suppose it could just set in and I'm sure it has but just never to us but we almost always go the first or second week of june

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and safety in June

i went in june and you can guarantee the weather forecast will show high chance of showers everyday you are there but try not to take to much notice as they always predict rain in the summer months daily and it never happens and when it does rain its short and sweet..

Portland, OR
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and safety in June

great to hear - but now I just lost the great airfare for JUNE! aaahhh! Now it puts me into July; same or more rain and hurricane possibilities with July?

Thanks so much!

California
Level Contributor
444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and safety in June

We have been to the Cancun area many times during the summer months ( June & July) and have loved the weather. Its hot and humid and may rain for a short and i mean short period of time.

You will get more rain and chilly weather in Feb. & March, at least this year it has been that way.

Go to Cancun in June or July if you like the heat!

Enjoy.

5. Re: Weather and safety in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 07:18