We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
632 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

Can anyone provide details: (looking at maybe taking this tour with my 7 year old but still unsure)

Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

We did this tour when we stayed at Coz Palace. It takes most of the day but I would say it's worth it. Tulum is beautiful but hot! Your daughter will love xpu ha palace, great kids pool and zoo inside the resort. I would say if you've never done Tulum before go for it I think you'll both really enjoy.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

We did this tour from LeBlanc in 2007. Tuum was great - very hot in June when we went though and not a lot of places for shade.

We weren't a fan of Xpu-ha - it looked cool if you had kids or something but for us it was a major step down from the food and service at LeBlanc. They had us eat at the buffet and then we hung out in the pool at Xpu-ha. I will say I got some great deals on t-shirts in their gift shop. I think Xpu-ha has come a long way since 2007 and the pictures look great now. It was still recovering from Wilma when we were there and it needed a lot of work done.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

We went in December of 2008 from the Moon Palace with 2 teens and my ederly mom. It's a great tour and I highly recommend it. Yes, it was a let down from the moon palace, but it was so different it was cool to be in the jungle you can swim, look for shells on the fan, there's a little zoo you get to kyack and snorkle for free.

Before that you go to a mexican market on the side of the road on the way to Tulum, bought a few nice things! Then went to the ruins, great guided tour and a little free time. Then lunch and free time at the hotel. I thought it was very awesome, especially for free!!!

My family also did the zip line tour, which I really recommend but the 7 year old is too young, I'm thinking.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

when we went there was no snorkeling at Xpu-ha because they hadn't recovered fully from the hurricane. It sounds like there is more to do there now!

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
632 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

My Daughter is funny I don't think she do the zip even if she was old enough :)

6. Re: palace excursion to tulum-xpu-ha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 06:18