We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

We've been here since Monday. Each day is getting hotter. Pools feel a little cool when you first get in them, but then they do feel good after awhile. Seems to be alot of people here, but this place is huge. Plenty of loungers, only had to wait for dinner once and that was because we ate after 8:00. Snack bars have excellent grilled food. We've eaten plenty of food and "knock on wood" haven't gotten sick. Everything tastes very good. Prices in shops have gone up since last year. Got the type of room we requested, great view, so far, can't complain about anything. We just keep comparing to ASP and not sure which one we prefer. Depends what you are here for. No kids, so we like romance. ASP couples tend to dress up a little more. Here, not so much. They are letting men into restaurants in their shorts.Any questions, I'll be checking now and then.

Durham
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

im going to MP in 3 weeks. Im starting to get a little concerned that the internet is the only entertainment they have there. Please step away and go and enjoy your holiday.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

Thank you for your post! We arrive on Thursday next week and we are so looking forward to it. Glad to hear weather is good and you haven't had any problems with the food. 5 days to go until we are there also!!

Blacklick, Ohio
Level Contributor
112 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

I have been wondering something that I haven't heard anyone mention. Are the nightly shows inside (air conditioned) or outdoors? I'm concerned about mosquitoes, because I seem to be allergic to Cancun mosquitoes!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

When we were there, the Michael Jackson show, and one other show was outside.

I didn't bring any mosquito spray, and never got bit.

Nov 2009.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

Glad you are having a great trip. Thanks for the update. It really helps. We leave in 2 days. What time have you been eating dinner at? Also, what building are you in (are you members)? Thanks again and enjoy!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
411 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

I've only seen them moved inside if it is raining out. Otherwise, it is a huge outdoor stage where you can dine and watch the show.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

There is only so much sun and drinks you can do while you are here. Granted, we are awake by 4:30a.m., going for our walks, breakfast and then checking out our emails. At night, we like to turn in early, so we do feel good at 4:30.

The nightly shows are outside on different stages, but we are outside every night and have never gotten bit. And believe me, they like my skin at home.

We usually eat about 6:30. Tonight was Italian buffet in Sunrise and it was OK, but I think I'm getting ready for some regular food and getting back into the routine of not eating so much.

We are in the Mango building and bought through a VIP member for this trip.

LI NY
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

Glad ur having good time and no probs with food.

Just wondering if on the Sunrise side are they serving meals on the

terrace at buffet ?

We always enjoy eating out especially in am.

Read somewhere new Mama Mia show -is that there -have u seen it?

Hope u continue to enjoy rest of ur stay.

MA
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

Thanks so much for your updates! I hear you about being up early. It seems I even get up earlier when on vacation because I look forward to the day. We leave a week from today and I am so looking forward to it. Hubby is very pleased about the shorts. He won’t even bring pants on vacation. I too will be comparing to ASP – pre split. I was most concerned with the number of children. I enjoy them but, not on my vacation.

I have a few questions if I may….

Have you used the gym?

Have you taken the Isla trip to the sister property?

Have you noticed if the bars still stock "top shelf" alcohols? Hubby likes good tequila…100% Agave!

Enjoy another wondrful day!

LI NY
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Moon Palace questions? Here right now.

Hi alwaysready--

Regarding shorts for hubby. I still would bring 1 long pair for him.

We go in May. Last yr people turned away with shorts.

I think if they are very slow they bend the rules.

Better to be prepared in case.