We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Trying to decide where to go, Cancun vs. Jamaica, We are in our mid 40"s, not picky, but must have nice beach that allows topless sunbathing. Please advise!! We value TripAdvisor people's thought above anything else!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

You might want to check out Temptations.

Beaches in Mexico "are federal property and nudity is not officially sanctioned" but you will see it.

I know that one of the Couples resorts in Jamaica has a topless beach - I'm not sure which property though.

dallas
Level Contributor
299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Is this really what makes your visit to fabulous Cancun a success?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Topless sunbathing does not really happen lots compared to jamaica and punta cana. Temptations is a good option otherwise you will get a lot of stares but who know, if done discreetly maybe not so much

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

I have been to Cancun many times and stayed at 5 different resorts, only one of them I did not see topless sun bathing, but at all of the rest I have seen it, not a tremendous amount but around 10 to 15 percent at times. More commonly at the adult only resorts and at those it was done both on the beach and around the pool.

I for one am not opposed to it as I believe everyone should be free to do as they wish as long as it is in good taste and the women aren't trying to flaunt it or make a sceen, if people are offended by it, they certainly don't have to look, I have seen some women get mad at their husbands for looking and get mad at the women that do it, I say don't get mad at the other women just make your man behave himself

iowa
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Been awhile since there was a tpless thread....It is probably becoming a bit more taboo than it was as Cancun becomes more and more like the US. Smoking has all but been outlawed, so just might as well make the women cover up too. Go to Temptations. You will be comfortable topless since it is almost the norm there. The beach is not the greatest but by far not the worst. Everything else is well worth the money and for a 40's something couple from Illinois you will have a great time.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Personally, I think that only under 25 years old should be allowed to go topless. All others shoule be subject to a fine of $100 per inch of sag. : ) See the smiley after the post? This means I'm just playing. I just want to see how many people won't read this whole post before they get pi$$ed off.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

I think it is quite common to see topless women of all ages on the beaches of Cancun. You may, however, look into a resort that caters more to the European market. They are a bit more open-minded than the North American clientel.

Most folks are quite respectful of where and when they enjoy the beach topless no matter what their age (and age really has no bearing on who should or shouldn't go topless).

There may, however, be more restrictions to topless sunbathing at the resort pools.

NJ
Level Contributor
554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

I have seen topless sun bathing at every resort I have been to in Cancun. There never seems to be a problem on the beaches, but one time I did see a prudish woman make a big deal out of it at a hotel pool. The hotel staff did not say anything to the woman, but she did replace her top - probably to silence the woman making the stink.

Edited: 28 March 2010, 14:02
il
Level Contributor
392 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Nipple burn, Oh man, that's got to hurt!!!!!!!!!

iowa
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best topless BEACH in Cancun

Never had a problem with nipple burn.