We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which One?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
390 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which One?

My husband and I are trying to plan a first time trip to Cancun for the end of May. Very confused (too many good reviews and options) on where to stay. We like to eat great food and chill. Looking for a restaurant with great seafood and mexican dishes and luxury accomodations. We like the idea of nightly entertainment even though we'd probably only do it once or twice. So, with taht being said, i've narrowed it down to Excellence, Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Le Blanc (which it looks like is only a 4 1/2 star compared to the others) and Royal Hideaway Playacar. Which one has the best food and most luxurious accomodations? Thanks!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which One?

If you are looking for a resort where you will have the flexibility of dining our and enjoying many entertainment options, you should really consider staying at a Hotel Zone resort. I have not stayed at Le Blanc, but I can tell you that the food and beverages we were served at a convention, along with the service, was all exquisite. Other All Inclusive resorts to consider include:

The Royal In Cancun

Riu Palace Las Americas

Sun Palace

To really take full advantage of dining options in Cancun, I recommend you stay at a European Plan resort. You can find several "high-end" EP resorts, and you will never go hungry as they all have fantastic restaurants, and there are literally hundreds of establishments scattered throughout the Hotel Zone. Here are a few accommodation options you may want to consider:

Ritz Carlton

J.W. Marriott

Le Meridien-this is a smaller boutiqe hotel which was recently purchased by Sandos Resorts.

Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach

Live Aqua

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

2. Re: Which One?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 06:23