We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Underwater Museum Info

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Underwater Museum Info

"Cancun's Underwater Museum, a project that was put into place to help conserve natural reefs, is experiencing beautiful, rapid coral growth, just in time for spring.

The first 100 sculptures of the "Silent Evolution" are nearing completion and the museum's underwater garden is quickly blooming with colorful corals."

Here is the website: http://www.underwatersculpture.com/

and here is an article: http://www.ftnnews.com/content/view/9067/32/

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

Thanks for posting this! Did you dive this site/underwater museum? If yes- what do they charge, easy to get to? I couldn't find that info on the website, but will look again when I have more time.

What an awesome idea....really bringing the underwater world and surface world together! Thanks again...

~T

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

Sorry, I don't dive. I just posted the info since some people had been asking for it.

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

where about is this

is it also at snorkle depth looks great

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

Another article: msnbc.msn.com/id/36195885/ns/travel-active/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing this information with us Jim. The builders of the World and Palms projects in the United Arab Emirates city of Dubai found a way to grow coral artificially. This seems like a much better idea to me, but perhaps the best idea would be to combine all ideas to get the best results?

Here's a courtesy BUMP to the top...

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

more pictures!! stuff.co.nz/3553395/…

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

exactly where is this located? between Punta Cancun and IOsla Mujeres somehwere?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

and even more: travelweekly.com/mexico/article3_ektid212248…

9. Re: Cancun Underwater Museum Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 07:16