We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Resort Airport transfers

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Palace Resort Airport transfers

About the tranfer through palace resorts, do they still use Traffic Tours (formally Elite) ? Still wearing the red shirts?

Leave Sunday for Cancun Palace for 4th time and can't wait to see the new beach.

Also, Anyone visit Playacar resort for a day and how did you get there? There would be 4 of us.

Thanks, JoAnne

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace Resort Airport transfers

I booked thru DeltaVacations - my co-workers booked thru a different travel agent. We were on same flight down.

I remember the RedShirts / clipboard people, but I don't think the name was TrafficTours. We all went on the same trip.

Very good white van with air conditioning and friendly staff.

staten island n.y
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace Resort Airport transfers

Yes still wearing the red shirts and yes stiff traffic. We just got back on tuesday and do an annual one day trip to playacar. I usually rent a car and head down early in the morning. The cab fare i think is around 440 pesos each way. so depending on how many travelors you are with and what type of car you might need the easier way may be to just hop in a cab. This year we had 8 people and got a great price for a suburban for 160 usd for the day, which is half of what it would have cost for 2 taxis for both ways. I think if you can get away with 1 taxi and you dont want to get off the beaten trail and can do it for around 100 usd with say tips included for both ways, this is the way i would go. The best rate on a rental may only save you around 20 to 30 dollars, then you have to remember about the other stuff that goes along with the rental. You can have a few cocktails and get in a taxi and dont have to worry about that or any extra expensives like any damages to the rental. There doing some roadwork closer to PDC so anticipate some more traffic. Took us about an hour from moon palace. beaches are beautiful, playacar the best for us just for the reason is it not as rough.

chris

new york
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace Resort Airport transfers

Thanks for all your infor!

4. Re: Palace Resort Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 07:17