We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from the Meridien

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from the Meridien

So I went for a jog and stopped in the Meridien to see how its going with construction and get some info. This is what I found out and saw.

1. The spa and gym is supposed to open Monday although I see that a few cardio machines are missing which means they probably were destroyed. Hope they get new ones since the best ones are th eones gone.

2. The top pool area looks great and is opened. I saw about 10 people suntanning and swimming.

3. The bottom pool and restaurant looks closed. They are doing lots of construction on the stairs and front area that overlooks the ocean. They have it boarded up so you have no view of the ocean although some of the boards were painted of an ocean which was really cute!

4. We took a look at the beach and they had one towards the left side. I was actually surprised that there was one. Although you have no access to it since there is no stairs.

5. The lobby is beautiful and looks like it had no damage.

6. The other restaurant inside looked fine too and the cafe and lounge area is also in good shape.

7. All in all the resort looks great. I hope that the beach is open soon because it would be nice to lounge on the beach. For now the pool area looks great and I will be spending a few hours there later today.

Hope this helps.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Hi Lisacancun,

We are thinking about booking a week at the Fiesta Americana in February 2006. Do you have any news on the condition of the hotel at that area of the peninsula?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian G.

Colima, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Hola Lisa!

I see you are back in Cancun..

Had enough of the cold weather?

It is chilly day today, low 30s

Alex..

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Lisa: At least you are posting some new info. Sounds that things are moving along.

Margaritaville
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Hi Lisa,

Enjoying the warmth of the sun after being home. Sounds like things are moving along.

Can't wait to come back,

AtEase,

Which Fiesta Americana are you booked at?

It would make a difference as to condition.

Los Angeles
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Wow! This is great news! We are heading down there in about 10 days for our wedding. It was supposed to be on the beach, but we're going to have to settle for it to take place at the Gazebo instread. Thanks for all the info!!

D.

Lumberton, NJ
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

I don't know about AtEase but I was considering the Condesa in February. Can you give me some advice too? Thanks!!

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

ddddd

Make sure you post something when you return & have a great wedding. I am interested in how things look next door at the Golden Crown. Hopefully you can report that the beach is coming back every day. Thanks & best of luck.

Oshawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Welcome back, it is to bad you left if you stuck around for a little bit longer you could have built a snow man...lol however I am here in the -15 weather and I wish I was there instead. Glad to hear you got out and about down there. Take care.

Los Angeles
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

If I don't post while down there, I'll definitely report back on everything I saw on my trip. I'll try to put some of the pics from our trip online as well.

thanks everybody for the info!

d

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back from the Meridien

Thanks for the update, bet it will look great in Feb.