So I went for a jog and stopped in the Meridien to see how its going with construction and get some info. This is what I found out and saw.
1. The spa and gym is supposed to open Monday although I see that a few cardio machines are missing which means they probably were destroyed. Hope they get new ones since the best ones are th eones gone.
2. The top pool area looks great and is opened. I saw about 10 people suntanning and swimming.
3. The bottom pool and restaurant looks closed. They are doing lots of construction on the stairs and front area that overlooks the ocean. They have it boarded up so you have no view of the ocean although some of the boards were painted of an ocean which was really cute!
4. We took a look at the beach and they had one towards the left side. I was actually surprised that there was one. Although you have no access to it since there is no stairs.
5. The lobby is beautiful and looks like it had no damage.
6. The other restaurant inside looked fine too and the cafe and lounge area is also in good shape.
7. All in all the resort looks great. I hope that the beach is open soon because it would be nice to lounge on the beach. For now the pool area looks great and I will be spending a few hours there later today.
Hope this helps.