We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone who has used a travel agent please help me?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Can someone who has used a travel agent please help me?

I recently booked a trip to Moon Palace through my Utah based travel agent named Morris Murdock Travel. I have come across a great deal for airfare today and have to give him an answer by tonight. My question is if I book a hotel through the travel agent do I need to book my flight through them as well or can I do it on my own? I would ask them myself but I have to give my friend an answer tonight and they are closed. Can someone who has been in a similar situation as me or who knows a lot about travel agents help me?

Thanks

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone who has used a travel agent please help me?

You do not have to use the agent for both, however, it is good to let the airline know the contact phone number for you in Cancun. Since the agent isn't booking the air for you, please remember to reconfirm your flights before, during and also again when you are ready to leave Cancun. They will need numbers for you locally, your cell and also as I mentioned, where you are staying in Cancun.

I am assuming that you didn't book a package deal with them, only the hotel, correct?

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone who has used a travel agent please help me?

Also, if your have transfers included with your hotel package, your agent will need to know your flight information.

One other tip, when you reconfirm your flights (or any other travel arrangements made), ALWAYS get and document for your records;

The agents name or their agent sign

Their location

The date and time you made the call

Remember, it is always best to CYA and if a problem does arise, you are more likely to get it solved if you have the above information.

SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone who has used a travel agent please help me?

Thanks for all your help jblairgolf,

I think I will just skip the deal (it was only $200.00 cheaper) and book thrugh my trusted travel agent. This will be my first time out of the country and I want to make sure I have all bases covered. A travel agent will likely be better for this.

Again thanks for all your help.