We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport arrival warning

scotland
Level Contributor
176 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
airport arrival warning

well it took us 3 hours. yes 3 hours to get through immigration. complete chaos. never seen anything like it on 3 previous trips. However is in charge aint doing a good job atall. after an 11hour flight its the last thing you need and worse of all there was no information given atall. we were in a que with roughly 2000, (really!) other poor people with arguments, que skipping and much anger all round. total joke. heard others say they had been in que for 4 hours plus, and many said "i wont come back here" - shame not the start to a holiday to savour.

Paso Robles, CA, USA
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: airport arrival warning

Thank you for the warning! I understand there are new forms that are holding up the process. Hopefully they will have things better under control when we get there in a week, but in the meantime I'm going to download the forms and get a handle on them before we get there. Maybe that will help speed things up.

Hope you have a wonderful time! It's worth the wait!!!

Cheers~

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport arrival warning

Wow, that's terrible! What day and what time did you arrive? Anyone else recently have an experience this bad? And is it all due to new immigration forms?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport arrival warning

It would help if you'd provide the date that you arrived and had such a long wait getting through Immigration since as was mentioned, a new form, FMM, was introduced on April 30Th and from other reports the worst day for delays was Saturday, May 1st.

My husband came through on Thursday, May 6 and BVG_Steve on Wednesday, May 5 and neither one reported encountering any extreme wait times. So, it would be interesting to know the specific days and dates that folks are encountering any long waits getting through Immigration and Customs.

Salt lake city
Level Contributor
509 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport arrival warning

This is NOT good news! I leave in 16 days and I am not looking forward to arriving at 3 and standing in line until 6. Will filling out the form now really save and time in line?

Where do I get his form? Thanks.. dont let it get you down. Your there now.. go enjoy what you got left of your vaca.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport arrival warning

New form is not a downloadable PDF yet, is it?

Salt lake city
Level Contributor
509 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport arrival warning

To make matters worse.....

I arrive on Sat 6/5!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport arrival warning

We waited 3 hours too. Got in 5/8. Never seen it like that in the last 6 years. Once we got to the counter for them to look at form and stamp them... that part was fast. It didn't appear to me that it was the forms that were the issue. The lines are long and there were not enough people working. After getting passport stamped we waited 2 hours to get through the rest of it. There was a "snake" line all the way back to the bags. It must have had 5 to 7 bends in it before you even get to the real line. Yes, it was a Saturday... but we always fly in on Saturdays. They need more people working.

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport arrival warning

Which terminal did this occur in -TERMINAL 2 or 3?

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen, Akumal
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport arrival warning

You can see the form at the following link

www.lunabluehotel.com/videos/new_fmm_form.pdf

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport arrival warning

Terminal 3 for us. The new form is not that big of a deal to fill out and like I said, the time they spent dealing with the form and stamping passport did not appear to be the issue. Once youre at the counter it's fast and I was even traveling with a South African. We spent maybe 2 minutes at the counter tops - it's the lines before and after that. People watching does help pass the time. There's nothing you can do about it once youre in it. I was so worried our driver would not be there. (Cancun Travels) but he was there with cold beers.