We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Does anyone know what the busiest days at Xel-Ha typically are? We arrive on a Saturday and depart the following Saturday. We would like to take advantage of having the park a bit more to ourselves. Anybody know? Thanks!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Hola jblairgolf - Canuck just mentioned to me today that there are never cruise ships in Cozumel on Sundays, so that might be a good day to go to Xel-Ha. Other than that, I'm not sure which days are busiest there.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,685 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Sunday is a good day and usually no ships--but last week two. However, I believe locals still get discounted admission on Sundays at Xel-ha but still better than the other options.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Thanks for the info. We won't be able to do Sunday as it is New Year's Day and we only arrive the night before. I'll check a few itineraries of various ships to see what other days might be good. I am thinking maybe Monday or Tuesday. We also want to go to Isla and PDC. So much to do, so little time and we can't wait!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,685 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

You can go to www.cozumelinsider.com for the weekly ship schedule. Problem is, like most things in Mexico, they dont post it early. Monday is also light this week--last week we had six ships on one day.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Thanks Robert! I think we are leaning towards Monday or Tuesday to Xel-Ha. Can't wait!

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Thanks Robert! I think we are leaning towards Monday or Tuesday to Xel-Ha. Can't wait!

Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise ship passengers and Xel-Ha? What days are best to...

Joanie....I don't think there is any concern for Xel-ha being over-crowded...Jims report indicates Cancun will only be operating at 50% capacity. Check e-mail. I'm still overloaded.