We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyway Car Rental

North Carolina
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easyway Car Rental

Just got back from a week in Akumal with transportation courtesy of Easyway. Working with them was great and seamless. As I wanted no hassles, I opted to rent from them together with all of the bells and whistles of a zero deductible insurance plan. BUT, going that route actually cost me less--with less confusion--than I could locate elsewhere. Dealing with Fernando was a breeze and I recommend them highly.

USA Transfers
Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Canada Transfers
Swim with Dolphins, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours
Entertainment Plus
Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Taxis & Shuttles
CARM Tours & Transfers
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyway Car Rental

What kind of a car and how much did you pay?

North Carolina
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyway Car Rental

It was their least expensive rental, a 2010 Nissan Aprio--pretty bare bones, but with air and an automatic- with 21K on the odometer and in great shape.

It was just right for the 4 of us and our luggage. It cost $223 for the week inclusive of all insurance. I felt like that was a good deal.

I'd be curious to know of your experience if you use them. Please keep me posted.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyway Car Rental

I use National and the entire week for the bare bones Dodge with under 2,500KM on it comes to under $200 for the same type of deal and a relatively new car. You overpaid.

North Carolina
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyway Car Rental

Good job. The best I could do through National was better than $400 inclusive of all the insurance that they hit you with. But, that didn't include any promo codes or anything along those lines to bring it down.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyway Car Rental

I wouldn't rent without ALL insurance...

$200.00 may sound cheap, until one finds they get hit up with hundreds and even thousands of dollars

It is rude to offer such a negative judgement without having all details. You can't compare apples to oranges (full insurance-vs-uninsured).

To the original poster, I am glad that you posted your positive experience with this rental company!!!!

Edited: 09 July 2010, 16:26
The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyway Car Rental

I'll be renting with Easyway in 10 days- picking up in Cancun and drop off in Playa del Carmen after 4 days - I am getting all insurance all for $160 quote. I chose them because they are the cheapest - especially when I figure in they will pick me up from the ferry at no extra cost . Will let you know how that works out for me.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyway Car Rental

We're planning to rent a car for our trip to Cancun as well. Please advise me the best way to do it (e.g. book through expedia, priceline, local etc). Thanks a lot!

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyway Car Rental

I did it direct with the car company - that gave me the best quote.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyway Car Rental

you're doing it with easyway? Is it necessary to buy ALL insurance? I read somewhere that actually mastercard will cover some of the insurance thus, we do not need to buy ALL. Let me know how it goes for you. we're leaving in August. Thanks!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyway Car Rental

Actually if you live in the US and have car insurance at home plus a credit card that covers ALL problems with rentals in and out of the USA. However in Mexico you are required to purchase liability insurance which is $9.99 per day. You can decline all the other insurance since its nothing but a money maker for the car rental company and the rental agent gets commission on selling it to you. Plus you are already covered elsewhere so its a total waste of money which you can put to better use in buying as much as an additional night in a hotel or in some cases enough for airfare. So who would you rather have the money you or the car rental company who really does not need it anyway.